5 strong kittens died within 20 days of their birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone read the posting rules lately? Obviously most people know and agree that ALL of their animals should be spayed/neutered but some do not. Intead of jumping on them you should encourage them and try to bring them to your way of thinking. Not one of you know the situation of the cat who died after being spayed so how can you claim it was because of a dirty environment or poor care?

If it is somebody just trying to get a rise out of people then guess what- it worked!

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never said there was any issue with her care if the cat who died after the spay. If it is true I doubt it was anything she did wrong. Face it those of us who perform TNR release our cats the next day, they go about their lives climbing, laying in dirt and most have no complications no matter what they do post surgery.

There was most likely complications from the cat's overall health and there was nothing that could be done about it.

We all know surgery is not risk-free, but to say never again especially for an outside cat is irresponsible, not to mention dangerous for the cat. There is a lot more by not getting her spayed than there is to get it done. She is a lot more likely to die having kittens than there is having her spayed. She will live a longer healthier life.

A Siamese died last year after having her 3rd litter of the summer. None of her litters from any of the 3 litters survived. Now her owner was not feeding her and my cats hated her and would chase her off if she came near the house. I tried feeding her separate and out of sight of mine but if they saw her they chased her off. There was nothing I could do for the cat as far as getting her fixed or finding her a new home because she had an owner, albeit a very very bad one.

Like I said I still think this sounds fishy for no kittens to die in the first few days and then they all die. Not to mention all of them crawling all over the place right after birth. Like I said cats don 't have predictable same size litters.

Mama's first litter we know of was 4 kittens, her one last year was 3. Between her daughters Biter and Goldie(from the first litter we know of) they had 9 kittens total, since they co-mothered the 9 we don't know whose kittens were whose so I can't say how many each had. Her daughter Callie had 3. That is how many we know of, except Callie who was caught right after giving birth so we know she only had 3. Biter, Goldie and Mama all brought their kittens here at the same time. Biter and Goldie's were around 4 weeks, Mama's were 6 weeks so I have no idea how many they had that didn't make it or if all lived. Mama's were totally unsocialized and couldn't be socialized and 2 left immediately and the other stuck around for several weeks before moving 1/4 mi up the road to the Clydesdale farm to become a barn kitty(she did it on her own.)

The 9 kittens(1 disappeared and 1 was PTS) of Biter and Goldie were able to be socialized and I have 5 of them still here and they are all wonderful cats. Half-tail was very skittish(she seemed to want attention but was scared) and didn't really want anything to do with us until her spay, I was kind and gentle and petted her as she was still loopy from the pain killer and anesthesia after I felt it was too cold outside to leave her in her kennel so I brought her inside into the bathroom and kept her in the kennel overnight(she doesn't get the concept of a litter box and I wasn't about to clean up any messes.) She became friendlier and accepts attention, not as much as the others and it's only if we initiate it.

Like I said something about it just doesn't sound right. If it is true the cat is going to die as well as any kittens she has. To repeatedly lose all her kittens it affects her mentally as well and that isn't good either. I'm sure there is inbreeding, her(and possibly her mother's) daddy is mating with her which is only making it more likely to lose an entire litter and have messed up kittens.

I'm not saying she is doing anything that is causing everyone to die. The main thing is to get her spayed so this isn't an issue anymore and it is irresponsible to not get her spayed especially with repeated multiple entire litter losses.

Taryn

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

Has anyone read the posting rules lately? Obviously most people know and agree that ALL of their animals should be spayed/neutered but some do not. Intead of jumping on them you should encourage them and try to bring them to your way of thinking. Not one of you know the situation of the cat who died after being spayed so how can you claim it was because of a dirty environment or poor care?

If it is somebody just trying to get a rise out of people then guess what- it worked!

The poster has not been here since the first post. There is no way to know if this is a troll (which members shouldn't be speculating about) or someone that ran screaming after some of the posts in this thread. While I don't agree with many of the OP's ideas, if I were them I certainly wouldn't be coming back here after being called stupid and people calling me a troll and suggesting that I was lying.

It is not for the members to decide if someone is a legitimate poster or not. If you are concerned about a post, please report it by clicking on the exclamation point in the red triangle in the upper-right hand corner of the post. Let the Mods look into it as that is what we are here for.

I will now close this thread. Sivara, it you still need some help, please feel free to start a new thread or PM me to have this one reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.