5 Orphaned Kittens, Help Me!! Questions

cats4eva18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I am a new foster for bottle kittens, last time I had to do bottle kittens was 6 years ago and I don't remember squat. I know how to care for them, (heating, bedding, stimulating them to pee etc) but when it comes to feeding how much do I feed? I know I need to feed every 3 hours as they are 3 weeks old. The lady at the humane society said she just feeds them until they get fussy and really won't take anymore, does that do the trick? I just mix up some KMR and fill the bottle up and did just that and they all settled down right after and went to sleep (after being stimulated of course). Just trying to get some advice on BOTTLE feeding, how much etc. I know the other care. Thanks so much!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here is the Kitten Lady website on bottle feeding, Feeding Kittens, she also has videos on YouTube.

Generally though, you can't overfeed kittens. So as much as they want as often as they want as long as they are eating a minimum of every few hours and a minimum amount based on size (which is every 3-4 hours and 10-15 ml at 3 weeks)