5 o'clock wake up alarm

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good Morning my fellow cat lovers.... I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to share with me any stories about how their cats wake them up. My Frankie demands his attention and refuses to be ignored. And like clock work every morning around 5am he starts meowing for my attention. And if that doesn't work he starts climbing all over me, as if he is shaking me awake. If I am under the covers good he will find a way underneath of them and gently bite whatever he can get to. This morning he bit my stomach and he startled me. His little cold nose and gentle bite did the job.... and I got out of bed to feed him. He is such a joy to have, and I don't mind giving him what he wants. Now that he is apart of my family I can't ever imagine being without him..... Have a great day everyone!!!!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes, Sugar will drop one of her furry mice in front of my face or on my head.  This wouldn't be so bad, but she likes to "drown" things in her water bowl.  A cold, wet, furry mouse on the head is guaranteed to wake me up.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nilah is going through a lick-me-on-the-tip-of-the-nose stage.  She knows it gets a result..

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my two guys do a variety of things to wake me up..if its not purring in my ear its the cold nose against my face..if its not walking on me and kneading me its knocking the aluminum blinds against the window frame..

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Magnus jumps up on the bed and then usually stands on top of me (right on my chest - ouch!) or sits on or right beside my head and puts his paws on my face and does the clench paw thing (sort of like partial kneading) on my cheek or chin until I get get up to feed him. I try and ignore him but usually after half an hour of this I cave and get up and feed him. So the cat keeps winning on this one....

My old Harley Cat (RIP) used to chew and groom on my hair every morning until he got me to wake up, and pat my face with his paw. He used to start doing this at 3.30 AM every morning but I gradually trained him to not do it until 6 or 7 AM. Took a while though! 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny is very polite about it. In the mornings I invite him up onto my bed and he comes to cuddle with me. He can be quite insistent when he's hungry, and he knows I won't ignore him for long.

veebee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitties aren't considerably cute about it.
1) They just sort of run into the room,
2) jump on my bed and roam around for a minute,
3) then if I pay them no attention they dash off, exit the room in a huff...
4) and then very soon after repeat step 1). 

I guess I'm pretty awful because I often don't wake up to feed them when they want to be fed. To be fair, however, they come and bother me at ridiculous hours in the morning. Scarfy maybe meows once or twice, or goes and scratches my parents bed lol. Something about their bed has always been interpreted as a scratching post by previous cats we've owned 

Franklin however may come and settle down with me for cuddles while waiting for me to get up. Yesterday morning I woke up to find him snuggled alongside me (all stretched out - he's quite a long cat). It was adorable, but also annoying because he had slipped down into the centre, leaving me crammed at the very edge, haha.  

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine usually waits until 6am. She starts by standing on my chest or side and meowing. If that doesn't get me up, a cold nose to an eyeball is next. If that doesn't work (which it usually does!), she proceeds to jump from me to my hubby and back again until one of us (usually me) gets up to feed her. Then, she wants to go back to bed and sleep some more. We've tried ignoring her, locking her out of the bedroom, etc, but nothing worked. She is very persistent! It's really not so bad, but there are days I wish I could sleep in a little more.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today Magnus jumped up on my chest and then proceeded to head butt me in the face til I woke up. Then he put his forehead to mine and just stayed that way purring.

That was the first time he's ever done that. After he did this for a while he just sat down and lay across my face (over my mouth and nose!). This definitely woke me up :p Not quite as cute as head butts. lol

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Magnus jumped up on my chest and then proceeded to head butt me in the face til I woke up. Then he put his forehead to mine and just stayed that way purring.
That was the first time he's ever done that. After he did this for a while he just sat down and lay across my face (over my mouth and nose!). This definitely woke me up :p Not quite as cute as head butts. lol
Pleh! Fur in the mouth! The little villain!:lol3:

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shadow will do one of two things. He will either attack a body part that is out of the covers that is moving. Now, this is not fun when you are in a deep sleep. He is a kitten still so I think it is his way of telling me to get up and play with him. The other way is that he will come up to my head and cuddle with me. This incudes loud purring and kneading my head. If he isnt successful getting me up the first time, he will come back over and over, kneading and purring on my head. Gotta love a 6am attack or kneading n purr!

peugeot206

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm the luckiest here :) I leave my cat out in the living room while I sleep in my bedroom so he never wakes me up. The only sound he makes that wakes me up temporarily every morning is him going into his litterbox and scratching like crazy. Other than that, he patiently waits and once he hears me waking up, he starts meowing.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would go crazy(er) if I didn't have the ladies sleeping with me and sometimes waking me up in the morning.  There is nothing like opening your eyes and seeing a cat ready to head-swipe you and put a paw on your cheek, while purring like mad.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Some Mondays, the fuzzybutts wanting breakfast is the only reason to drag yourself out of bed.

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Frankie the Cat, I just read your article and saw the photo of your Frankie, first I must say , when I noticed the name , it jumped out to me because I had a " Frankie the Cat " ( he went to kitty heaven and we are still getting over it) and he looked very much like your boy, just had to comment how happy I am to welcome you to this site and happy to see another beautiful Frankie!
My three cats all start raising "caine " about 5am by jumping up then down from the bed( I think they are trying to lead me to the kitchen) and the sweet little meows with amplified purring lure me out of bed, good thing I love them so much! If someone or something other than them wakes me I am not a happy camper, lol.