5 Month Old Female Peeing In Her Sleep

Bella's mum0622

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I have a 5 month old mitten paw manx who from day one is peeing in her sleep. We have had her to the vet 2 times now and antibiotics given both times for UTI and nothing is working. We bought her the feliway collar and have lavendar essential oil diffusers all over the house. We do have an 8 month old neutered male cat (Iggy) also that we actually got after Bella.. But Bella has been doing this since we got her..she actually peed on me sleeping on the way home from her birth house. We have 5 litter boxes in the home 2 being large tupperware containers since Iggy is very large for his 8 months old and doesn't fit well in normal boxes..none of the boxes are covered as they dont seem to like that much. During her awake time she uses the litter box except for the occasional I'm playing and not gunna stop accidents. We have tried putting her in our room( the entire second floor so plenty of room) away from Iggy thinking he was stressing her out...still peed in her sleep...it is getting to a very frustrating point for us and need ideas on what to do as vet says she doesnt have a UTI any longer yet continues to do it.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Something seems physically wrong with her, peeing during sleep isn’t normal. And her accidents during the day may be because she had trouble holding her urine. I would ask your vet for either further work up or a referral to a clinic that handles advanced veterinarian medicine.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible her spine was damaged? It might be worth the x-ray to make sure. If she is peeing in her sleep be sure to give her a daily rinse off so she doesn't develop sores on her private bits.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the record I meant rinse off her back end only. We had a cat that had broken the last vertebrae in here spine & she peed every time she fell asleep. She did develop ulcers on her private bits from pee being on her skin 24/7. So she got new towels daily to sleep on. Plus a daily or every other day rinse off with a spray nozzle in the sink fixed that. (I put a towel down so she didn't fear falling, used warm water but people recommend lukewarm, then towel dried her off. During the winter I did it every other day & turned up the heater so she wouldn't catch cold.) Hopefully your cat's problem isn't permanent. Though I am wondering how the shelter you adopted her from missed it? Have you called them & asked them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella's mum0622

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didnt recieve her from a shelter it was a private party. And i soak her back end daily in baking soda and warm water. She had gotten sores before and the vet gave me a cream for it. So i apply it occasionally just to be sure. I will however ask about xrays.