4th of July Plans?

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So what does everyone plan to do on the 4th? I think we are going to do a little BBQ and some fireworks, and maybe watch a parade in the morning.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I have no idea. I really want to be home (Ormond Beach) as I love watching the fireworks from the Granada Bridge, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymommy

So what does everyone plan to do on the 4th? I think we are going to do a little BBQ and some fireworks, and maybe watch a parade in the morning.
Everything you are doing on the 4th of July I am doing on the 1st of July it will be Canada day for us. So on July 4th my plans are working UGH!!!!

I totally hope you all celebrating your July 4th Happy, fun and Safe vibes for all..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaiDreamer

Everything you are doing on the 4th of July I am doing on the 1st of July it will be Canada day for us. So on July 4th my plans are working UGH!!!!

I totally hope you all celebrating your July 4th Happy, fun and Safe vibes for all..
Not to sound stupid or anything, but what is Canada day for? Is it an independence day too?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a Brit, I don't celebrate Independence day, but it is my granny's birthday - and my very last day in the country! So my plans are to spend the day with my granny and have a quiet and early night in with a bottle of wine and a few chocs. Then I shall be waving goodbye at about 7am

golffox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby's a fireworks freak, so I'm sure that'll be on the agenda. There's someone selling fireworks up the road, and everyone around here is setting them off and probably scaring the bejesus out of my poor feral friends!

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We usually just hang out at home and let off mortar fireworks. Unfortunately Buddy, my newest dog, is deathly afraid of fireworks so he'll be locked up in my bathroom.

Saturday the 2nd is ARPH's annual parade of rescues at our local park so I will be taking Bozy, my ARPH dog, and Buddy to meet the rescuers. This event is alot of fun. There are booths, herding trials, and a conformation show. I cant wait

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i want to drive to wisconsin to get some real fireworks... and prolly jsust go to a local hill to watch some with my bf :-D

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any plans right now. Last year I went to my boyfriend's place and watched some really bad fireworks. I guess Charleston spends most of it's fireworks budget for Regatia Fesitval.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymommy

Not to sound stupid or anything, but what is Canada day for? Is it an independence day too?
Basically
Here is a bit of info if you are interested http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp...a/canada_e.cfm

We will be going to the "Sandfly Festival" on Canada Day. It's in one of our local parks with lots of bands, food, beer gardens, and fireworks at the end of the night

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info that was very cool to read and now I know.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently formed a committee to plan social events in our neighborhood. We live in a closed neighborhood (only one road in) with about 150 small homes, a lot of young families with young kids who play in the street. Sometimes I think I hear one call "HEY BEAV, Can ya come out and play?" LOL...

Anyway, our first event we picked was a July 4 "BYO Pic-Nic" dinner. The pic-nic space spans out over three-four front yards. We'll give out free watermelon. One of the ladies is getting a karaoke machine for it, and I've spent the past two weeks gathering karoake songs and typing up a 100-song lyric book. We're going to have a mostly-legal firework area where the committee members will set off the fireworks we've donated and we've invited the neighborhood to bring theirs down, too.

We're going to hand out sparklers, so we've warned parents to try to keep young fingers clear of the hot wires

We put out flyers two weeks ago, and a sign at the neighborhood entrance... but not one RSVP (although we said it wasn't required). I'm concerned no one will show but the committee and the friends they've invited. Anyone want to come?

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We arent allowed to do fireworks out here. Everything is to dry and is too much a fire hazard.
Although we do give the kids that come over sparklers.

But we always have a giant BBQ on the weekend. Lots of food, even more beer and liquor. We get a pool for the kids and other games and of course we have the trampoline and the giant boxing gloves(for us adults once we are tipsy).

We stay up all night and drink and eat. Most people stay the night and then we wake up the next morning and start drinking again.

When I lived in Oklahoma we would go to the Base. They put on a big firework/bomb show on the flightline. And they had a carnival set up in the hangers surrounding it. Then we would spend the rest of the weekend at the lake drinking and swimming.
Ahh, back in the day.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure that we'll be doing much. My DH has to work that day so I'll be doing whatever until he gets home. We might try to catch a fireworks show that night, but we both have to get up very early the next morning for work.
Oh well! Maybe we'll see some fireworks on TV.

redhairedgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My in-laws are going to be here - for 10 DAYS!! Yipes!
But there's a beach in San Diego you can sit at and see 4 fireworks displays at the same time, very cool.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well depending upon whether my friend brings the puppy she's giving me this weekend or not, I'll either spend the day with my parent's down at our farm. Probably complete with bar-b-que and fireworks. (Ought to be interesting with a puppy.) Or I'll go out with my friends to see fireworks set off at a friend of mine's farm. Either way, it will be a day filled with food and fireworks.