40 years on Saturday!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Saturday night at 8:00 DH and I will be married 40 years! It's so hard to believe sometimes. When we got married, DH was 19 and I had just turned 16. And our DS was born six months later. There were some rough patches as we went through our early years and we didn't think we'd ever make it. But we kept working at it and........40 years!

We are going to dinner Saturday night with my brother and SIL and my sister and BIL. The six of us will have a great time. My sister has already warned me not to order dessert at the restaurant as we are going back to their house afterward...I think she has something up her sleeve.

I am making French toast for DH for his breakfast in bed early tomorrow morning. I'll work on the French toast tonight and will have roasted potatoes with some sausage. And a fruit salad. With orange juice and coffee. The cats will have me up bright and early and after I feed them, I'll work on breakfast. DH won't be surprised b/c this is something I do for him every year....last night, he even asked me what time breakfast would be on Sat morning.
He knows me well. And I think he looks forward to it, too.

40 years! WooHoo!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW Pam, that is just incredible! And you were married at sweet sixteen
. Hope you and you DH have the most amazing time for your celebration! That is a huge milestone and many congratulations

Lauren

emil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww! congrats! hope you stay together many more years ! :]

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful. Congratulations! 40 years is an accomplishment, especially these days. I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear! Happy Anniversary tomorrow, enjoy your day as you've enjoyed the last 40 years together!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A huge congratulations to you hun,40 years what a massive achievement I have been with my dh 10 years but only married 4 years this June.Its true you have to work for a true marriage.xx