4 year old cat biting!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar has started really biting us. Is there something to do to prevent this? It's really making us angry and its frustrating

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biting you how?

Leo "bites" us and Lola, which is mostly him putting his mouth over our hand without any real sort of grip. He's 4, he's done this since I adopted him a year and a half ago, and it's usually when he's being petted. Ian calls it "just making sure you're still there" and I've heard of other cats that do it.

As far as biting...you can buy that stuff that makes your hands taste bad. I've heard that bitter apple spray works well. That way, when he bites you...he'll quickly learn not to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Biting you how?

Leo "bites" us and Lola, which is mostly him putting his mouth over our hand without any real sort of grip. He's 4, he's done this since I adopted him a year and a half ago, and it's usually when he's being petted. Ian calls it "just making sure you're still there" and I've heard of other cats that do it.

As far as biting...you can buy that stuff that makes your hands taste bad. I've heard that bitter apple spray works well. That way, when he bites you...he'll quickly learn not to.
Like lunges at us bites. We can hold him and he gets comfy and if you pick him up to put him down or move him he lunges at our faces. He's bitten my nose and not like nibble "I love you" bites. He threatens to bite Trav but knows better.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he thinks he's boss!!
My Lovey used to have an attitude and still does with some people...
When he does this, I would not allow him to sit with you on the couch at all for a good while.

Or give him a hiss as soon as he starts to lunge at you.