4 Week Old Kitten Vomiting

megabytesperminute

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently rescued three gorgeous 4 week old kittens from my work. They had been dumped. Recently, one of the male kittens has started vomiting. I think it's my fault because I didn't know their diet and fed them dry kitten food I have for the kittens I currently have who are 8 weeks old. My brain immediately has panicked into thinking it's panleukopenia because of course it would. Is it actually the food causing it? What are things I should be looking for? I know how deadly panleukopenia can get. I'm very scared. I don't want to lose this little guy. He's such a sweetheart and he snuggles right up against you. Any advice is so welcomed and helpful. I've included a picture of him. We call him Simba.

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is adorable. Thank you for rescuing him. Unfortunately this is always an emergency when you have a kitten so young, sick. He needs to go to a Veterinarian for care. They will be able to guide you on what to do.

These kitten can go from ok to dead in a very short time. Their glucose can plummet causing them to fail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

megabytesperminute

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Should I keep him isolated from his brother and sister just in case?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I wouldn’t. They’ve already been together. It I would get him to an emergency hospital tonight.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the kitten this morning? You can put honey on his gums for quick energy. He probably needs fluids, so you can put drops of sugar or honey water in his mouth.

Kittens this age need kitten formula and soft, pate-style wet food mixed with formula. They are not ready for dry food yet.

megabytesperminute megabytesperminute