4 week old kitten problem

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful job, Marin! If you have the time and patience to care for this baby, sometimes that is the most important thing. If she is able to get out and explore, that is a very good sign.

One thing I love about TCS is how people post from all over the world. Although we may not live near each other, I feel like we are neighbors since we have met on-line. Best of luck with your little baby!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both you and your kitten will be in my prayers Marin.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Marin, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that your kitty has been to the vet and it's looking good for her survival.

I just recently realized you were in Romania and that you may have more difficulty than we would here in North America getting help for your little one.

Thank you and bless you for taking this baby kitten in and caring for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just recently realized you were in Romania and that you may have more difficulty than we would here in North America getting help for your little one.
Yeah,for me it's kinda expensive,the vet and i hope it's the last itme i'l be taking her.But i guess a vet is the same all over,right?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read your thread and am so happy your little girl is doing ok. Yah vets are expensive all around. Its the obligation you take on everytime a pet comes into the home though. Autumn needs a dental cleaning this month so she won't lose any teeth, expensive, but worth it. Make sure to get her spayed when shes old enough. Also from now up to 16 weeks is a huge time for social development. This will set her personality for life. This is usually why kittens need to stay with mom for a while to learn manners from siblings and such and of course getting used to humans. Just make sure you hold her a lot, putting her on her back, getting her to trust you. This process in the next couple of months will be very important on your part. Of course since you are her mommy now she will bond extra strong to you.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Marin, I am so happy that you took your kitten to the Vet.

It is an incredible responsibility that you have undertaken, becoming Mommy to your kitten and one that I am sure you will find very rewarding.

I hope that she continues to do well and thrives under your care, please keep us updated on your joint progress.

marin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for your care.Shes doing fine.I even let her into other rooms to explore,of course she never strays to far from me.
Btw should i give her a bath,cuz i don;t see her licking herself.Or should i wait for her to grow a bit more.
Oh and another thing.Until when should i continue giving her KRM and Pedyalite?
Thanks

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not bath her, especially in this winter weather. You can encourage her to clean herself by rubbing her gently with a slightly damp towel to give her the feeling of cleaning herself. Good lick with her - I know it is not easy when it is difficult to find all the things you think you might need!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marin

Oh and another thing.Until when should i continue giving her KRM and Pedyalite?
Thanks
Do you mean when you should stop giving her formula? At 5-6 weeks they will start sampling wet foods. You can start supplementing the wet foods into the diet but continue the KMR until she starts eating a healthy amount of food on her own. (you can really tell at that age, as their bellies get so full and rounded)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering she has had a very rough start, I'd continue the KMR for about a month - its not gonna hurt her. She needs extra nutrition right now. Once she is eating a normal amount of canned cat food and some dry, you can gradually reduce the KMR. In the mean time, use KMR in the canned food.

Be careful of her getting too hot by the heater. Too much heat can kill just as well as being too cold.

marin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes doing fine,runing round the house(whne shes not sleeping lol) and exploring.I try not to let her near dangerous thingh that might fall on her.Shes still afraid of other people but i guess it'l pass.Right now,shes only confortable near me.A leave her food and water before i go to school and when i come back i give her the KML and vitamins.She doesn't seem to mind being all alone.

Anyway i'm worried her belly has swollen more than usuall.Is it bad,cou;d she have worms?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know about the worms, but I am sure someone that has more experience will be around soon to answer.

I am so glad to hear she is doing well.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is possible she has worms. You can either describe her symptoms to the vet, take a stool sample to the vet or get some worming medication from your vet. Be sure to make sure she gets the right dose.