4 Week Kittens

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone I found 3 kittens who are 4 weeks old. I have bought them formula GNC.
I would like to know if they can eat canned or dried food at this time. Also how many hours a day do they eat. I would really like to know. Thank you so much!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
According to the TCS article Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On Their Own 3 to 4 weeks is the age to start trying to wean kittens, so they are probably at about the right age. The article explains how to go about it.

Thanks for rescuing them. Please post pictures of them, if you can. And let us know how they're doing. Good luck.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They can eat both dry and wet food. I usually leave a dry food (made for kittens) out all day with 3-4 small meals of wet food throughout the day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
According to the TCS article Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On Their Own 3 to 4 weeks is the age to start trying to wean kittens, so they are probably at about the right age. The article explains how to go about it.

Thanks for rescuing them. Please post pictures of them, if you can. And let us know how they're doing. Good luck.
Thank you so much!! And I will post pictures of them.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They can eat both dry and wet food. I usually leave a dry food (made for kittens) out all day with 3-4 small meals of wet food throughout the day.
Thank you so much for the information! I will try some wet food first. :)

love67742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright, if you are going to feed the kittens dry food, i'd suggest making some of the milk substitute and soaking the dry food into it for a while. As long as their noses are clear and they can breath properly they should eat.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Attachments

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright, if you are going to feed the kittens dry food, i'd suggest making some of the milk substitute and soaking the dry food into it for a while. As long as their noses are clear and they can breath properly they should eat.
Thank you for the help on how to feed them

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello I posted on cat health but have not gotten any responses. I have a female cat who is going to get spayed on Thursday this is the first time I have ever had a cat spayed. She had some kittens a couple of months ago. I have a couple of questions. She isn't an indoor cat half of her time she spends outdoors. But does come in sometimes. How many days would I have to leave her indoors? I won't be home on Saturday from 7:00am to 9:00pm also. Will she need a e collar? I'm scared that she will freak out being in a crate and harm herself. I don't have extra rooms at the moment since they are occupied by her babies. Thank you to anyone who responds!