4 week abandoned kittens

chickfarmer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a few outside cats that ppl have dropped off at my farm and I care for them.  One of the females got pregnant and had kittens.  I saw them once when first born (before eyes were open) and then she moved them.  The other day I went into an out building and heard the babies crying.  I watched to see if mamma would come back (she didn't) So I took them over to my shop and started caring for them.  I see momma around all the time and have showed her the babies (from afar because she is afraid of humans) she has NO interest in them.  One is a crier no matter what I do.  They have taken to wet food and I give them kitten milk three times a day.  I wipe them with a cloth to potty, but they don't poop and I am getting worried.  I have had them for not even 24 hours yet, and am just looking for any advise.  Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old are they?  As they had began with wet food, I suppose they arent really tiny any longer? [edit. I see the title tells: 4 w]

If you can get hold of goat milk, it is always a good bet, better than many kmr...   Kmr makes them sometimes hard, esp if not diluted enough. Try with diluting this kitten milk...

I see you try and stimulate their behind.  A trick some use, is to let semi-warm pour on their behind. Stimulating and washing at the same time...  Make sure to dry off, of course.

You will find articles on caring orphans here on our site.

www.kitten-rescue.com is a good site,

Tx a lot for caring!

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!

Ps.  The best way to stop unwanted litters to be born, is to spay/neuter them as many as possible. Being spayed makes also their homeless lives easier, and they are less of a nuisance,

Try and find if there is some TNR / rescue group in your county, so you will help each other...

Last edited: