4 Month Old Spayed

Allandragneel21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, so I just had my 4 month old kitten Victoria spayed on Tuesday. She's a rescue that we saved from being run over and it was clear she was a neglected and was deprived from food and very sick 2 month kitten and I bascially nursed her to health. She is the most joyish, playful, silly little kitten and her and my boy cat Loki ( my profile picture is of them both) are literally best friends. Anyway, it's been about 3 - 4 days since and I'm just curious about how long exactly will her little stitch and scar take to finally heal completely. I been told since she's younger it might heal faster and was told it already looks like it's healed up. I'm nervous to take the risk and take her e collar off and let her out of her little cage for good and have her and up biting it or playing with it before is fully healed or she stretches the stitches and so on. Please help! I'll show a pic of how the stitches look today. September 8th 2018. She had her surgery done on the September 5th

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 days is usually considered the time it takes to heal enough to not have to worry about, but after 3-4 days the risk of her opening the wound should be minimal. Take off the cone and watch closely to see how she handles it. Let her lick it clean, but if she starts to chew on the stitches or lick it too much, then the cone goes back on. Same with letting her out of the cage---let her have a bit of a run around the room, since she must feel very pent up, but don't let her get too wild.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't cone or cage our kitten when we brought her home, and she did get a little wild. We kept an eye on her, and things turned out well. But if you have a super excited kitten, cones and cages are sometimes needed!

Her stitches look great and so does she -- cute name!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allandragneel21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I been a little more lenient with her today. I allowed her to be outside or cage a little bit more and have given her a little bit more freedom with running around a little bit but I've kept her collar on her just as a precaution. Her stitches oddly seem to feel a little bit looser like they're either going to come out soon or her body is starting to reject them as a foreign object

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allandragneel21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it too early for her stitches to start feelimg a little loose. I be told that since she is a kitten, her healing time won't be as long and the incision it's pretty much fully healed up and the stitches aren't really necessary anymore to the body

Attachments