4 month old kitten suddenly eating much less and has strange poop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so all of the tests came back negative! I persisted a bit that I thought something HAD to be wrong, so they told me I can bring back THREE days worth of poop samples, and they will test them all again for free. So that's that I'm going to do.

But between last night and tonight she seems totally herself. Running around like mad, chasing things that don't exist, laying on top of my laptop when I'm trying to type, etc... 

And this morning she did eat half of a portion of her raw rabbit! (she never eats an entire portion in one sitting anyway). 

Regarding the vet's comments about the raw diet... they know me by now and know that I know what I'm talking about. I brought in a pack of Alnutrin so they could see the ingredients and said "yeah i'm sure it's fine."

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So...what was the final outcome?  Is she back to being her old non-smelly self.  Is she back on raw?  Did you ever figure out what happened?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually that reminds me that I need to call the vet and get the results of the 2nd poop test... but since she's basically totally back to normal I forgot about it. 

So yes, she's as good as new again. I even figured out a way to make her eat MORE than she used to (because like I said she's NEVER been a voracious eater). So BEFORE I used to take her food out of fridge, which has each serving in an individually bagged Ziploc, pour a half a tiny scoop of lysine power in, kind of mix it around by squeezing the bag, pour it into a bowl, and squirt one squirt of unscented salmon oil on it. NOW I just pour everything in the bowl, and then mix it up.... seems like a small difference but now she basically always leaves an empty bowl at the end! I guess she likes the consistency better now. 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read through this whole thread to see if you had found out if anything was wrong with the meats or anything like that. I have recently been giving my Sebastian raw rabbit from Hare Today and I was getting nervous! 
  She's eating the raw rabbit okay again?  I'm glad to hear she's better.