4 kitties no longer have a mother

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well.
As some of you know I had some problems with one of my cats with Diahrrea & her eating alot. Her four lil kittens no longer have a mother. Since she was an outside kitty we weren't sure of her age when we brought her in when we found out that she was pregnant. Since she didn't really need to be around the kittens anymore she decided she wanted to go back, she never wanted to come back in for she enjoyed her outside life better. Today i found her in our back shed peacefully as if she just died in her sleep, no injuries what so ever. So now her little babies no longer have their mother.
Maybe she new that it was time for her and decided she wanted to be where she always was outside and didn't want to die in a place she didn't belong (inside)

R.I.P
Baby Girl

catz_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww......I'm so sorry!!!
I know what it feels like when it's unexpected. if you need to talk, I'm here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catz_Rule

aww......I'm so sorry!!!
I know what it feels like when it's unexpected. if you need to talk, I'm here
im pretty sure the heat played a role out there too. Its like 93 here. but i have a feeling she died yesterday sometime and it wasn't that warm. 86 mayb

catz_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh....is she a dark color? are the kittens going to be all right? how old are they?

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she look kinda dark. The kitties are fine on there own, they can eat and what not there about 6 weeks

catz_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
at least they're ok

once again, I'm so sorry about your loss!! Things will get better, I promise. I know it may not seem like it, but that's what I thought too, but things did start getting better

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWW! So sorry you lost your cat.
I wonder what happened? Maybe poisoning? Hopefully it wasnt painful. ((HUGS)) It will get better, all though it doesnt seem like it.

RIP sweet baby girl

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she ever go to the vet for the severe diarrhea? I was checking the previous threads, and found this.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90399
I think the kittens should go to the vet, to be checked. Maybe what she had was contagious, and it could possibly kill the kittens.

6 weeks is very young to be without a Mom, but it is old enough for their initial vaccinations.

And I think the original thread showed that she had 6 kittens, what happened to the other 2?

This is an educational site, and I hope we can hope you learn how to keep your kitties safe.

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she only had 5, one of them didn't make it because it looked like as if it was sufficated. The diarrhea issue was mostly for the fact that we gave her too much milk as a treat while she was pregnant and was nursing the kittens. And since cats are lactose intolerant caused her to have this diarrhea. She was really skinny to begin with. and i know with my other cat that died 2-3 years ago got really skinny like her and passed away. The kittens everyday always are playing and seem as if they are fine, but as soon as we get back from our slight money situation because we had to pay at least $2,500 for my brothers wedding. They will be getting checked out asap! for sure!! and if anything that money prob will be solved in a week or two.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Momma cat, may she rest in peace!

Be sure to keep the kittens inside only. It is so much safer! And get them to the vet when possible for their initial vaccinations. Then when they are 8-12 weeks old, and ready to be adopted out, be sure people pay enough to make up for the vet costs. It isn't a good idea to give kittens away for free unless you know the person very well. And make them promise to have the cats spayed or neutered. Some people even ask for a spay/neuter deposit, to be returned when they get the surgery done.

Also, remember they should only eat kitten food until about 7 months old.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilboardingurl6

Maybe she new that it was time for her and decided she wanted to be where she always was outside and didn't want to die in a place she didn't belong (inside)

R.I.P
Baby Girl
I think that is the case. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sweet napping and playing over rainbow bridge, Baby Girl; watch over you kittens and the humans who loved you and love them.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very sad.

I second everything other people had said.

How did your other adult cat behave? Was he/she able to take over the parenting?

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well my other cat just started getting along with the other cat 2 weeks before she died. And since the kittens were born, the other cat doesn't really like them, but she comes out more then she would when they were first running around the house.