4 cats 2 problem

micheller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope I am at the correct forum. I have 4 babies male neutered 4 years old male neutered 2 years old female 2 years not yet spayed and rescue kitten male now+- 7 months old making an appointment at the vet to get neutered. All my cats are FULLY INDOOR and never go outside. They are all on an excellent spread of dry and wet cat food all are very healthy. Have enough litter boxes with crystal sand some of them prefer the fine crystals others the bigger crystals so I have boxes with each. Last night one of them pee'd on the floor directly below where my pillow is. The pee was all over the floor, night frill computer my A4 book but I mean a huge puddle of pee this has never happened before. Anyone have some advise for me? And to maybe which cat would have done it? Thanks

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its impossible for me to make a guess as to which cat was the culprit, but you may be able to at least narrow it down from the litter boxes - is/was one of them cleaner than usual? Very often, peeing outside the box is indicative of urinary problems, so a vet check is definitely in order. Keep a close eye on all of them for any other unusual behaviour, as this may help you narrow things down.

Make sure you use an enzymatic cleaner on the affected area (including night frill). It's important to remove all traces of the smell to prevent this area becoming another toilet area.

On a slightly different note, please get the female spayed. She'll be healthier and happier for it...not to mention easier to live with without cycling in and out of heat all the time.

[article="32366"][/article][article="32424"][/article][article="32341"][/article][article="32493"][/article]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micheller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advise as i say this it the first time this has happened and I have had them all since babies. I used vinager to wipe up the wee and a little in the washing machine when I washed the nightfrill. I am getting rescue kitten neutered first as its way cheaper they having my girl spayed I am saving up for that but she is 2 now and hasn't ever been on heat. But other then that she is very healthy thanks again

Last edited: