• Thread Starter Thread Starter

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww look at those sweet faces
Is that Baby at the front, because she looks so curious
Yup that's Baby. She's got a very pretty tuxedo coat too and the brightest inquisitive eyes. Lori's down there right now playing with the two of them.

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Oh that's great!. They obviously trust you both so much now
They're getting a little braver. Baby loves "Metallica" when I play it on the computer. She'll come out and sit beside me on the floor. Momma runs and hides and probably puts her paws over her ears!

I'm glad we did get them in though. It went down to -25C last night and we'll be in the freezer <-20C for the next 5 days. Not very nice weather to be an ourdoor piddy tat.

Haven't see ole' Boots in a couple of days. He's a wiley ole' cat so I'm sure he's tucked himself somewhere warm. The dry cat food we leave out has been disappearing so I'm sure he's getting fed.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww that's great that their coming out more

Good grief that is cold as well
Is the outdoor enclosure still there incase Boots needs shelter?

Try and take some more pictures of Mum and Baby please

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Good grief that is cold as well
Is the outdoor enclosure still there incase Boots needs shelter?
Shelter is still there. We haven't seen him since the cold snap started. Last night was almost as cold and it's supposed to stay cold till Monday or Tuesday (Friday now). I might have a look around tomorrow to see if I can find him and get him some food.

Try and take some more pictures of Mum and Baby please
Lori's got some on her camera. I'll try to get some more. Was thinking of setting up a thread to officially name the two so I'd jot down what their characters are like etc. Momma & Baby are just temporary names. I usually make up the names but we thought it'd be fun to have the folks here name them for us. More on that later.

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Baby has been flirting with me a little and letting me get in real quick pets. This morning she accepted scratchies....
but not just regular scratchies - belly scratchies!! Now every time she sees me she rolls on her back and makes little mewing sounds until I scratch her belly! I am soooo excited! Now even Momma is getting closer!

Lori

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I hope he turns up soon
Boots showed up night before last. He looks like he lost a lil' weight and other than a few scratches on his nose (obviously fighting with someone else) he was in pretty good shape. The temperature has moderated a little bit and there's not that much snow on the ground so we expect him to be back regularily now.

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Have the two girls been fixed yet? They're precious
We haven't gotten them done yet. (We're bad). They're both in great physical shape and I don't think they've gone into heat yet but come closer to spring they will. Once we recover from the xmas splurge we'll make the appointments. Lori's got some new pics to post of the girls.

Baby will now cuddle up to my leg and accept scratchies & scruffies. Momma is still a little standoffish but she's coming around!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys are incredible!! What an inspiration for all of us to care for the outside kitties!! Our office stray cat has now been inside for about 3 weeks, he's not stupid, it is nasty out. Sadly, my husband's business has hit a devastating period and I am not sure if they can stay where they presently are. My dad has agreed to take this cat into his home, he has 2 females and 2 small dogs, but he has a sun porch that connects to his dining room that our office cat, Zachary, could live in. It is the only solution I see right now, as I am not sure of the business future. I cannot just put this cat back out where he was, he has been dependent on us for over a year. I will get him to the vet before he goes to my dad. I would appreciate prayers for him. I hope he can make the transition!!

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Folks

It's been awhile since we've had a chance to surf the forums or post. We've had a new addition to the family! This is "Peanut". He came to us this week starving. We had to bring him inside to keep the neighborhood Tom (Boots) away from him. The poor little thing is so emaciated I doubt he'd weight 2 lbs soaking wet.

Peanut is/was definitely someones pet. He's adorable and snuggly and readily accepts scratchies which results in him immediately turning on the purdler!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by knottybuoyz

Hey Folks

It's been awhile since we've had a chance to surf the forums or post. We've had a new addition to the family! This is "Peanut". He came to us this week starving. We had to bring him inside to keep the neighborhood Tom (Boots) away from him. The poor little thing is so emaciated I doubt he'd weight 2 lbs soaking wet.

Peanut is/was definitely someones pet. He's adorable and snuggly and readily accepts scratchies which results in him immediately turning on the purdler!
So it's a little GIRL Peanut??!! Good thing to keep her away from the tom - in case neither of them is fixed. She's really cute! Thanks for saving her!

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

So it's a little GIRL Peanut??!! Good thing to keep her away from the tom - in case neither of them is fixed. She's really cute! Thanks for saving her!
Well no. The ole' tom was trying to mount this poor lil' cat so we automatically thought it was a girl but upon closer inspection last night he flashed the "license plates" and I discovered he's actually a he.

Anyhow since Momma is in heat we had to separate the two. Now Peanut is upstairs with Squirt & Shadow and it's turned into a Zoo!

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We assumed that Peanut was a girl based on the way she was acting - like she was in heat - and the way the outside Tom was acting around her. Well, after being downstairs with the girls for a couple of days Momma appears to have gone into heat as well and at one point last night Peanut went over to her and lifted the tail. Yikes! There is a package there! Sothe little girl is a little boy. Now the boy is upstairs with our not too impressed house cats. Momma is on the other side of the basement door yowling and he is on the upper side of the door yowling and our permanent resident cats are following us aroud yowling ( What the...??? are you people thinking) and well our sanity is slowing sliding away. I will call the vet on Monday, borrow another carrier for Peanut and resolve this ASAP.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Close call! I'm sure you don't want any extra kittens running around. The old tomcat may have been trying to mount Peanut as a show of dominance.

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lori may have found Peanut a new home already! We just have to make sure he's healthy first.

He is a bit of a troublemaker with the other "Royal" inhabitants.

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The girls and Peanut will be going to the vets to get spayed and neutered on April 22nd. that was the soonest I could get all 3 scheduled on the same day.

Peanut has been a funny addition to the house. Squirt and Shadow are both getting much more exercise these days chasing him around the house but it has been unexpectedly peaceful most of the time.

Peanut has adopted me and is most insistant when it comes to snuggle time. It seems whenever I sit down with my laptop he decides it is time and places himself between me and the screen. If that doesn't work he sits in the keyboard and messes up whatever I am doing. He also is lazy about using the box. He likes to do his business in the bathtub. I put a box in there and he uses it, I take it out and he has used it, but is most likely to go back in the tub. Why he is doing this is baffling to me, but we will get it sorted out.