3 week old kitten!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, kitten or cat, canned food is great.

Classics or pate is best, not the chunky, sliced, morsels, etc.

The pate is grain free.

dimestorehalo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another DIY toy is a stuffed sock--I take an old cotton sock and stuff it loosely with paper (so she can hear it when she fights it).  My cats usually didn't like tin foil.  Smallish balls (not so little that she can get it in her mouth) are fun to chase.  Laser pointers are fun, if you can find any.  I've taken smallish plastic round scrubbies (like you use for dishes, and stuck yarn in them from the backside to make little tentacle balls.  Takes a bit of knotting and cutting, but fun!  You can also tie a bell into the very inside. Plastic and metal bottle caps are fun to bat around, and I had one kitten who loved the plastic ring that you have to remove to remove some bottle caps (she's too little for that).  Another toy that's fun and interactive is a flexible sewing measuring tape--the ones I get are plastic coated and pretty durable.

Things to keep away--rubber bands, curling ribbon, loose string and yarn, and anything small enough to get into her mouth completely.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Needles and thread! I have seen this happen and it's nothing nice, the cat or kitten does not intend to ingest it but their tongues have little cups, so a little lick of something and it is going in rather than out, and thread is a big culprit, needles included.

cattilac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 12 cats and one kitten. I have bought baby food in a jar for my kitten. I go to Walmart and buy chicken and rice and beef and broth. I have even cooked a chicken and used the chicken broth from this and mixed it with the baby food and warmed it up. She gobbles that right up. You might also look into buying some nutri-cal which you should be able to buy at any big pet store like Petsmart. I ordered mine from Amazon. It comes in a soft tube and I have actually squeezed a small amount at a time into their mouths. It gives them extra calories and vitamins. Hope this helps.

dimestorehalo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Needles and thread! I have seen this happen and it's nothing nice, the cat or kitten does not intend to ingest it but their tongues have little cups, so a little lick of something and it is going in rather than out, and thread is a big culprit, needles included.
I didn't even think about needles and thread as a dangerous toy!  Thinking about it, I did have to take a bobbin of embrodiery thread away from Lola.  I had 1st hand experience once with curling ribbon from a balloon--it did come out, but it wasn't pleasant!

Another fun toy--the cardboard tube in TP

michaelmperez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could be beacause of dehydration.GI motility problemsobstruction of the colon caused by a foreign object .

Add water to your cat's food to lubricate the colon, adding flavor to kittty water is anothetr option. Add coconut fibre in each meal. Check for aloe vera juice.