3 week old kitten

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would it be at all possible for you to ask her for all of them and try to find a foster home for the rest? Or even bring them to a no kill shelter...
Alot of people like the idea of getting a tiny kitten, but they really have no idea how to care for them, and the kittens die because they are not properly bottle fed, or people just have no idea what they're doing

She wouldn't have to know that you didn't have them, it would just be much safer for all of them...
Good luck with your little baby!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hand raised a litter of 5 who were 3 weeks old but extremely malnourished and had URI. It was around the clock every 3 hours. I used 6 large containers of formula in 3 weeks.

I also had a "momma" cat, Ginger had given birth about a year before, but did nothing but hiss at these babies. Also I never would have let her clean them for risk of anything they were carrying that she could get.

This is going to be all you. I found that the bottles from petsmart were better, have more nipple options, and mine preferred a bigger nipple. I wasn't impressed with the ingredient content of the hartz formula at walmart so only used kmr and then homemade, which I wish I would have started earlier due to cost. The large kmr powder container cost like $24 here and I used like 6.

A good friend has one of the females and she is now about 6 months old and doing fabulous! We talk all the time about how many times I prayed those kittens would stay alive from one feeding to the next.

I didn't really have issues keeping mine warm, they all laid in a pile and did that themselves but can imagine with only one it would be hard.

Leslie

murphy2x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a litter of 3 week old feral kittens whose mother stopped feeding them....you can't say that its against the law if the mother refuses to have anything to do with the kittens.

aprilc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a litter of 3 week old feral kittens whose mother stopped feeding them....you can't say that its against the law if the mother refuses to have anything to do with the kittens.
There is a huge difference between a mother rejecting her kittens (or them being orphaned) and someone intentionally separating the kittens from thier mother way too early, and 3 weeks is ridiculously early.

Even if the babies were rejected or orphaned they still shouldn't be rehomed so early. So yes it can be and is illegal in some places to rehome this early and it should be everywhere.

Don't compare apples to oranges.