3 Week Old Kitten Help

Vijay1320

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am new to the forums and have a question in regards to a kitten that I rescued from work. When I first found her, she was roughly a week old. She will be 4 weeks old this coming up Monday.

The reason that I am posting is because I have noticed some mucus like discharge when she urinates. This just started yesterday. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or knows what it may be. I will be also contacting my veterinarian tomorrow but just wanted to get some knowledge beforehand as this is my first kitten/cat and because I want to ensure she is okay. I have attached the pictures that I took and appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,
Vijay N.

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! That discharge does look concerning - how is she behaving otherwise? Is the discharge occurring when you stimulate her to go pee or does she use the litter box on her own? What is she eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vijay1320

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! That discharge does look concerning - how is she behaving otherwise? Is the discharge occurring when you stimulate her to go pee or does she use the litter box on her own? What is she eating?
She is behaving fine. She's active and nothing has changed that we've noticed. She is still being stimulated but has made a few messes that started last night. We are going to be adding a litter box today once the litter we ordered arrives from Amazon. She is currently still being bottle fed with KMR.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like she may have an infection and will probably need an antibiotic. I hope you can get her seen quickly to clear it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vijay1320

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got back from the emergency veterinarian and he stated that he thinks it's a UTI. He stated that it's a little rare for kittens this young to have something like this but he said it's not unheard of. He also stated it could have been caused by using wipes on the cat to clean her after she goes to the bathroom. We explained that we purchased the unscented wipes but he said it could still cause bacteria growth.

He prescribed amoxicillin and we hope that will clear things up and get her back on track.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s exactly what I thought it might be. I’m so pleased you were able to get her to a vet today. Only use a plain warm damp cloth to clean her bottom. No wipes. Please keep us posted as to how she is doing! :)