3 Week Old Kitten Having Watery Yellow Stools

S27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the past two days or so my 3 week old kitten has been having yellow watery stools and I've found a lack of details on the matter. Has anybody else experienced this, and what might it be? I'm seriously considering taking him to the vet tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

S27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am looking into this and I suspect that he may have worms. He was a rescue, previously abandoned by his mother.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes. Likely worms causing watery poop like that. Expecially if she hasn’t been wormed yet. Also consider (if you dont already) feeding a dyeless food. I’ve seen a lot of cats whom eat things like friskies, meow mix, etc who had yellow to orange poop. That is not normal. Cat poop should ideally be small and dark brown so look for that after you treat for worms and change to appropriate diet.

S27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We feed him formula, which shouldn't contain any dyes. I'm fearing he might have a bacterial imbalance :(

S27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We feed him formula, which shouldn't contain any dyes. I'm fearing he might have a bacterial imbalance :(
however, he is gaining healthy weight so I'm not 100% sure.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Exactly what formula?

Add a trifle salt into this formula to compensate salt losses.

Can you get raw goats milk?