3 Week Old Kitten Front Legs Buckling

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some advise on one of the kittens from the litter we’ve had. All was well, healthy chunky kittens, and then recently as they’ve started getting around, playing and exploring I’ve noticed one has ‘weak’ front legs, specifically the wrist joint ( I think ) I will attach a video. His paws seem to fold under every 3/4th step. He doesn’t seem to suffer with it but I’m concerned and nothing online is helping :/ I don’t have the funds to take him to the vets especially if it’s a case of just strapping them up to help his ligaments?
Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It won’t let me upload a video, I’ve took some screenshots during video to show what he’s doing. It’s not every step and he does correct his footing.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont know for sure. You can always try and carefully massage him (and see if massaging hurts him! The decision what and how to do it may depend on if it hurts, ort doesnt hurt at all. The massage as such shouldnt hurt.).
If not, do it several times a day, may be short but often.
Be sure he is warm before you start massaging - using a heating IR-lamp is very good here. Such as many rheumatics use... The warmth comes deeply into his tissues...

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know for sure. You can always try and carefully massage him (and see if massaging hurts him! The decision what and how to do it may depend on if it hurts, ort doesnt hurt at all. The massage as such shouldnt hurt.).
If not, do it several times a day, may be short but often.
Be sure he is warm before you start massaging - using a heating IR-lamp is very good here. Such as many rheumatics use... The warmth comes deeply into his tissues...
Thank you, I’ve checked and it doesn’t hurt him to manoeuvre anywhere on his legs. Would strapping help? X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
First, to share a video on here, upload it to YouTube, then paste the link here.

Yes, using non-stick athletic tape, I would tape (not too tightly) around that joint to provide support. It seems the kitten is either double-jointed or has a weak joint in need of support. Take the tape off at night so the kitten gets a break. See if it helps over a few days. If not, it’s not a life-threatening issue.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I was hoping you would comment
He’s the most playful out of all of them so it really doesn’t bother him or hinder him it seems it’s just sad to watch to be honest. It’s seems like the wrist joint to me - just above the paw, is there anything you could link to good wrapping? I’ve looked myself an can only really find back leg wrapping x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Check at your local pharmacy. It just needs to be NON-ADHESIVE. They should have something in stock. :)

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve done it :) i managed to get some from Asda :D I’ll take it off tonight, and reapply tomorrow x