3 tiny babies left to drown!

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay Kitties!!! Are they aat your moms house or yours now? what a great cat she has to mother these two little orphans!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I've got an update!!

The babies weren't eating so well last night and today, and I was getting worried that I wasn't going to be able to get enough down them for them to thrive. My mom recently took in a mama cat and two kittens that are about a week or so older than these babies, and the mama cat took my kittens right in with hers!!

The babies are doing great and the mama is treating them like her own! They seem so happy to have a mommy again!

Thanks so much for all the prayers!! Never underestimate TCS magic!
I'm glad everything is going well....however normally, I don't recommend placing orphaned kittens with a nursing mom because you don't know if the kittens will spread a disease to the other kittens or/and to mom. The only exception I would make is if both sets of kittens and mom cat has been vet checked.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are at my moms house now, since that is where the mama cat is most comfortable already.

TNR, the mama cat and her kittens were vet checked when mom found them, and before I took the kittens to her, I had mine checked too. Luckily I have a very good relationship with my vet and he was able to weasle me in this morning. All kittens are healthy as well as the mama. The only thing he could find wrong with the two I had was that they were underweight. I was very pleased considering what they had been through! I meant to post all this earlier, but I guess I forgot in all the excitement! I just wanted you all to know that they are doing so great!! Thanks for the advice TNR, it was a big concern of mine too. We're not doing any good if we're hurting more kittens than we're helping!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful!! They have a mommy to nurse and she loves them. I am so glad it turned out like this because NOTHING is better for the babies than mom's milk...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

shanghaic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! the kitties found a foster mummy, how fortunate for you. Sending vibes to help the kitties fatten up a bit, lol.

Hope to see some pictures of the kitties and their new mummy.