3 month old kitty won't eat

dang0414

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 month kitten was born with deformed back legs and her face is slightly crooked and teeth aren't growing out straight but she's always been upbeat, feisty, and always got into trouble (therefore her name is Trouble lol) but the past week or so, she's been so slow and sluggish and won't eat! Since momma cat has stopped feeding her milk she won't eat ANYTHING. I've tried milk replacements, dry kitty food, wet food.. kitty treats.. fresh chicken, tuna, everything! She doesn't like the smell of anything and walks away and hides. Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions?

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has it been a whole week since she last ate?! Please take her to a vet ASAP. I don't have experience with kittens, as I only adopt senior cats, but I do know that cats need to eat or else they start developing serious problems within 48 hours of not eating.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site!

Please refer to the forum rules:

No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice. Remember that cats, and especially kittens, are very adept in keeping pain to themselves and delaying treatment may cause irreversible damage.

It sounds like your kitten is in rough shape and really needs to be see by a vet right away since you have already tried most of the tricks to get a cat to eat. One thing you didn't mention is goats milk which can be attractive to many kittens, but since she has not eaten for a week she needs to be seen by a vet today.