3 ferals at snow

sadiecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear of Mauku's super kitty strength in breaking out of the vet transfer, but it does indeed sound like she much prefers being wildcat outside. 

I am also sorry to hear of your fall.  I hope you have medicine as good as the kitties have

Mauku should be taking care of you now.  Sounds like she is actually your wife with all her antics

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well,. she did disappear again, also I spotted one large white/very light tan colour cat walking on my yard, maybe that is reason for disappearing.
I try to trap that big cat.
Oh and I slipped on stairs, just when I had back in working order it did go bad from other side, lot of bruises other places too but luckily nothing big broken, slippery socks are slippery indeed, almost fully down from quite a top hopefully not quite so long issue as last time, I'm considering getting rid of all socks, they seem to cause lot of bad things...
Um... or put on your shoes? It's too cold there to go without socks! But my goodness, you MUST stop these bad falls! :eek: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has not been any weird cats now, but Mauku has re-appeared to warehouse, she was hiding so that I could not see her, called her many times, then I saw her ear move behing a cough, top of head is black, that was in shadows so that very hard to spot, ear was bit lighter against shadows so could see her, put food to her and finally she stopped being hiding as she noticed it was not going to help, did not really cared about food, just sat there and looked annoyed, maybe I managed to wake her up, even I knocked the door and called her before opening the door and many times from corridor that I need to walk to get section where she usually is :lol3:
She often pretends to be surprised, even it is perfectly impossible to surprise a cat that is resting alone in silent environment.
:flail: WHAT a personality, that one! I guess she pretends to be surprised for your benefit - so you KNOW you are interrupting her beauty rest. :lol3:

So... she still enjoys playing, but if you stay too long, she'll move to the other warehouse? Silly girl! :rub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-30C is still ok in t-shirt and barefoot, it takes only few seconds to walk those cold stairs :lol3: Luckily it is no longer that cold, just around -15C last night, daytime it is around zero.

So Mauku is 1 or 2 days at warehouse and 2-4 days I can't see her, that seems kind of pattern.

I don't know why this is, but clearly she seem to prefer that way. She is really not eating wet food I bring to her when she is there, so I'm considering stopping giving those as it is awful waste, so she will be getting only dry food, but bowl of that lasts days, maybe over a week as she is not really eating much even when she is around.

Tiger is singer, he is kind of yoedling, but just short noises (1 second or so), few times a day he gets very vocal, not really demanding much of anything, but just noisy and he uses rather large volume too, sometimes does it even middle of playing or eating, or drinking, which of course makes it rather hilarious when he yoedls to water bowl tongue out from mouth.
When I try to mimic him, he comes closer and we have kind of chats, he seems clearly be responding, but I have no any idea of what he says, but he then comes to ask petting. Actually Tiger asked once to be on lap, he liked from petting there some time, first time for him to do that, even he has been on lap few times, he has not really been keen about it.

Panther has been sleepin on lap few times, he is very nice cat, but we have to work out a bit of going to stairs, he is sneaking there and when I last time did go back to stairs and said to him bad kitty, he chose to hiss loudly and back arched, I hissed him back louder and told to go inside and right now, which he chose to do very fast, after inside he did go to box castle and was there 15 minutes or so and after that he chose to come sleep on my lap. I guess he wanted to know his limits a bit. He is most trusting of all, I guess, but he has odd desire to go into stairs even he knows that he can go there only when told as is case with every one.

Miuku knows it and even he too sometimes tries to sneak there I need to just say his name with tone and he comes back, that is great in Miuku that he really understands quite many things and he is so kind.

For summer time, I have tried to teach them a bit more of house, stairs being one and downstairs too, but they think it is not quite safe place to go yet.

I have few times tried to carry Miuku there for mouse hunting, but he is not really wanting, it is ok to carry him, but when I put him down at downstairs he starts asking to be let back upstairs with heart braking voice, even if I give food to him he just murmurs and tells how he want to go back, so he is not much of help in mouse hunting.

He is such now that he probably would allow me to make knot out from him, however that would not be very nice.

Mouku has been progressed a bit too, he asks petting and purrs loudly, puts his tail up, which means half of the tail is up, rest is down, which looks bit odd, but that is his tail up, he never puts his taill fully up, don't know why, but that is most up for him, it was same when he put tail up when he was next to Mauku too before.

Many times a day I have to pet him for 5minutes or more, he is bit spooky still, any loud noise or such makes him run to safety, but he is doing that even more rarely, he likes a lot from petting, but also he is really afraid, his body is very stiff and he looks bit nervously, but really liking from petting as he just comes back many times.
I did try to lift his front legs and he was scared of that, however he did not run away, so that is what we practise now daily. One of big things was stand which I made to roof, over my computer table, I did put cat bed there and Mouku is now feeling very safe near me when he is there, so he has now learned to trust me lot more as he is comfortable near ceiling in his cat bed, I can pet him anytime when he is there and he is not spooked at all, often he sleeps without interruptions there when I move around in a room, that is something that month ago would not happened.

Mouku did actually fall down there once, when all others wanted to use cat bed too, he landed on computer table, luckily not hurting himself, but he was bit confused for a moment after that. So I made further improvements to stop such event from happening again, despite there being good amount of edge, he managed to fall, so I put metal wire from level that cat bed is attached to roof, so that there is kind of net around cat bed, with one opening to enter.

Now he has not fallen and even he did took his time to go back there, he has now chosen that to be best place to rest, other ones are using that too, but Mouku is there most of the time.

As that sleeping place is so popular, I must build some more of those so that all can fit on such places.

Little iita is also coming to ask petting, also when I go to bed and read something, she comes sit on my leg, often I have string so she can hunt that and it seem to work well in taming her. It is still long road with her, picking her up is something she tries to avoid, also it is not much petting she tolerates, but she likes from it already which is good.

Sometimes when playing with iita she turns on her back and looks to be quite happy, then others stay clear of her, you see that is when iita starts to be carried away with playing enough to consider anything as a toy and nobody is as fast, so once I put my hand on her reach and she grabbed my hand with all her paws and claws, then started to nibble my hand then licking and then nibbling more, I could easily carry her around her being clamped to my arm so tightly, this does happen every now and then to be honest, I think she likes from that too. She is not weighting even 3kg still, which is quite bit less than 7 pounds, she is not skinny, just very small.

Her claws are very sharp so of course that results quite bit of scratches, but it is not really nothing as daily someone gets bit excited and considers my hand to be a toy, so there is always red stripes at my hands. Her claws are luckily so sharp that they don't even hurt, Panther has claws that are not quite as sharp, but he has strenght so when he mistakes my toe to toy it does hurt.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 days since I saw Mauku last time, or more like five days as when I wrote last time seeing her it was after that day (or more like night, she has not even visited here, also no paw prints anywhere near the house. she spends more time away than at here it seems. I'm starting to think that perhaps she is wondering cat that has been enough long at one place and is examining what direction to move for next year.

I did build new cat place to heights again, it is not quite finished yet, but they can touch ceiling easily from there, This one is such that it is not for faint hearted, to get there cat must first jump to speaker stand, then climb to top of the speaker, from top of that they must climb 60 degree incline and to top of hat self, where they can find wooden table top piece that is attached to wall and roof, I used steel wire to make it hanging like a bridge, it also doubles as fencing so they don't fall down from there.

It still needs some pathways so that they can get up there bit more easily, also it is just wooden table top, some softer stuff is needed to make it nice place to rest, might even put some cardboard box walls to there so that it makes up great hideout.

I did lift Miuku up there and he was excited about it, but he is too big to actually climb up there, at least it will take a lot of skill from him. Wooden piece that is that 60 degree incline is covered with no slip tape (one I should be putting to stairs), used also piece of car tire, cut section out and put on top of wood with screws, it is at the bottom, so they can climb there and use it as a launch pad when they go up, they are quite clever, learned purpose of that fast, also they use it for braking when coming down, there is also their old car seat on floor so they can drop there softly when coming down. Cats are natural talents in extreme sports so I though that they would like from such challenging 'track' and they really seem to like from it, especially when they can be above rest when they are at top.

Miuku and Mouku are both such that they need bit easier access, extreme might be bit too extreme for them as they start to be at age where they calm down a bit.

Little iita is smaller and bit more sensbile than others so she was not crazy enough to jump there first, she kept front paws on top of tire material where she barely reached and then stared at me until I gave her bit of push, she did not get spooked at all from that, which was new, usually she is bit spooked when I lift her, but I guess there was now a good cause.

So with small push start she got up and has now taken place to be her own castle :lol3:

As a quick fix I put old towel there which I turned over few times, makes bit softer place to rest on.

Mouku came for daily doze of petting right now, when he wants petting, he is not giving up before he gets it and there is no stopping until he thinks so, as he comes and pushes his nose under the palm of hand and if not noticed he does that with all strength he has, so it is best to stop whatever doing and giving him his daily 'doze'.
I need to use scissors for him some time as it is really long since I had chance to take care of his fur last time, he has been too afraid of me and his whole fur is such that gets tangled easily, so I base of tail is so messed up, that only way is to cut it off, but I really can't do it without him allowing, he is not trusting me blindly yet, like Miuku is, so it will take time until there is possibility to that.

I did try to pick him up a bit, he retreated and did not wanted to, but was not scared with that, just kept pushing his head against my palm, so he is learning slowly, I guess we are close to point where we were last summer.

Panther is still trying to sneak to staircase without permission, just not quite so eagerly, he goes to sit front of door and looks me nose up, trying to look innocent, usuually I just pick him up and put to cat tree, but as picking him up is bit same as picking up water it is no most easy thing to do, sometimes he just purrs then and refuses to leave from my arms, he likes from attention. He is quite clever, usually picks best route to get treats when compared to others, also new place I made, he walked there like it would been always there, where others had to learn how to do it right, I guess that is why he is also one that plays cat brain game, where there is ball at circle track and holes on top and side, aim is to catch ball, others seem not to play it much, but Panther does, Miuku is second one who plays that, those are also ones that picked first how to use new feeding station, which requires cat to paw food down trough levels, so they don't eat just for eating, only for need.
Mouku usually stares bottom level, then tiger comes and eats from top level which is easy solution, that causes food to drop to bottom level and then Mouku eats, It might take bit of time from him to really get the idea. I don't think that Mouku is slow, I think that he is just afraid to break something, in there he is bit like me, very clumsy, he did manage to tip water automate over and all the water inside it was then on floor, which means that as flooring is still in renovating phase, all water did go past boards to insulation, which luckily is sawdust, so it will dry up just fine.

There is no day without something.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, it took almost 6 days for Mauku to come back, she was looking quite normal and was interested from food, but did not still eat much of it. If I had to guess, she was happy to see me, almost came in, but was not quite brave enough. Where ever she has been, she seemed not to suffer from hunger or such.

It was -18C last night, so maybe that made her think that it is better to be somewhere where is shelter, warmth and food :lol3:

Might be that she will soon disappear fully and might not see her ever again or maybe at autumn she will come back, but I truly think she is looking to leave when weather just is enough good for it.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It amazes me how good weather teller Mauku is, she wanted to leave again, weather was nice and snow was hard enough for her to walk on it so she did walk away from yard many times, but she soon came back, thing is, at afternoon weather did change, she was sitting in a sun, enjoying from the heat, then she started looking shelter, she did look many places, but decided to go into warehouse, soon after incredible intense snow fall came. It is not certainly first time she does that, sometimes she is not getting out to play, I remember when she was with Miuku and Mouku still living at the warehouse and we had bit of routine to play at outside at sun set, Mauku did suddenly go under the warehouse with Miuku and Mouku, she was looking at me under the warehouse with head tilted, like if she would think I'm retarded or something, she kept Miuku and Mouku there and did not let them come out, less than 5 minutes and out of nowhere very intense rain shower came which made me soaked wet instantly.

Cat senses are so precise, they can tell air pressure and temperature changes so well that they know before when to seek cover. I could not feel it before, but when thinking afterwards, temperature did clearly drop when she did go to warehouse.

She is often sniffing air, nose up and turning head to different directions, taking air in deep, she can probably tell just from smell of air humidity of air and who know how many other things too.

She follows me when I go inside from the yard, but she is not coming in, no matter what I try, but I guess she just prefers outdoors.

Mouku is trying to make up time he was too afraid to ask pets, he is one that I need to pet most nowdays, it is several times a day 15 minutes of petting, purrs like a motor and he pushes with his head very strongly, no gentle an cautious pushing but more like ramming and he knows what he wants and is no longer afraid to make his demands, surely still he is rather cautious and shy, but when he feels like receiving petting, he forgets to be shy for sure. Sometimes when I'm on bed using laptop, he jumps to bed and wedges himself between my body and my arm, as he likes to have his pettings right away, then after long petting he sometimes sets to sleep there. I think that his mind is starting to heal now just fine, he even goes upside down near me.

Miuku does that too, but Miuku fells over my legs and rolls upside down there, then knitting air, eyes closed and purring loudly, I guess he is happy, they all do that, even little iita, but she is bit more alert when she does that, I think she is the most shy one now :lol3:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little iita is so cute, she is wanting more and more petting recently, as her best friend Mouku has learned to trust me again, what Mouku does Little iita is blindly going to do also, she trusts a lot to Mouku, so when Mouku comes to ask petting there is Little iita in a tow, but recently iita has learned to ask petting alone too and we often play now catch the ball, that is where I toss soft bouncing ball to her and she tries to catch it, then she brings ball to me and goes to new place.

I did try to play it with Miuku, but he just blinks and ball hits his head, I did try many times and he just sits, stares and blinks when ball hits square to his hiead, then looks around with eyes that show some sort of happiness that makes him look like bit retarded, soon after that he rolled on his back, closed his eyes and started to move his paws on air once again. I know that he understands concept of catching the ball, but sometimes he goes to this happiness mode where his brain is no longer forming much of any sensible thoughts, he just kind of floats there. It is incredible funny when he does that and without realizing it I toss ball towards him, he just blinks, no any other movement, except tongue is now between his teeth like some cartoon charter being hit by sledgehammer to top of the head, If I offer him treat at that time he just rubs his cheek to treat, no any kind of brain activity, just one very happy cat.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have now allowed them all to go to summer room, which is just uninsulated storage area at side of the house, which I don't use for anything, so it is long empty wooden space for them to run along, there is also two windows, one without glass, there is just metal wire net so they can't jump out.

They love that place as they can feel the wind and smells of outside, also there are flies, there has always been flies there, they come in numbers at spring and they are easy prey for cats, so they love chasing those.

Only problem is that right when I wake up some of them is sitting at front of door and being noisy as they like that new place so much, they keep being noisy until I get to sleep or let them go there.

Sometimes it is enough to pick noisy on up and put on lap, Tiger, Panther and Iita all tolerate a bit of lap time, Panther is only one that sleeps on lap though.

I pick up Miuku daily and put on lap, but despite him purring he is not staying there, but he kneads in air with eyes closed while struggling to get away if I put him on his back on my lap, so I'm not sure if he himself knows if he really is wanting to go away or stay.

Iita is mostly shocked and jumps away from lap, but she is no longer panicking, she is also meowing right next to me until I pick her up and put on my lap, so I guess she likes it, but is still bit afraid of it.

I managed to pick up Mouku without him getting too scared one day, just so that I lifted him fully and put down, he is still spooked of me sometimes, but mostly he is asking to be petted. If I leave and do stuff on yard and come back I find he is between mattresses on other room and bolts off when I find him, after that it takes few minutes and he comes to ask petting, but he hides for some reason there, it does not happen if I go to shop and stay there for hour or so, only when I work on yard bit longer, so maybe he sees me on yard and does not recognize me there, then when I go indoors he sees me and hears me coming closer and then panics?

Panther is very jealous for others if I pet others, he blows air from his nose and tries to push others away. Tiger has thing of toys and food then, others should not use or eat, all for him, he even steals treats from others mouth, bats neck for other one and steals treat that other one spits out as a result. And cat's are not considered mean :lol3:
I have tried to guide them to correct path, but it is not always successful, they are not always understanding why, but slowly they seem to figure it out.

No very big fights so far, sometimes Tiger and Panther are wrestling a bit, but no hissing or such, I remember only twice there being such event where one has gone bit too far and it has caused slight dispute which I have had to break off by simply grabbing both from neck and placing them to next to each other and give good earheadrubbing, which has been end of dispute and soon they sleep next to each other. However being unfixed males of soon 1 year old there can be challenging future unless I get them fixed. Panther is lot lighter and smaller, Tiger being heavier, so I would think that there is no question which one of them will be dominant, only issue is Panther does not comply and he tries to be dominant most often.

They are getting along surprisingly well, but I'm bit worried how that will go in future. House rules however are such that no fighting where is screaming hissing etc. no stealing and no peeing on wrong places, but it has been quite challenging with this little rules already as they seem to do against those every now and then despite my best efforts or then they are just testing how much they can disobey, like any good individual. :clap:

Oh I have been trying to get Tiger to be ok with being picked up, he mostly is but quite soon starts getting nervous, recently I have been putting him on my shoulder and he seem to be better with that as he can jump to cat pathways that run near ceiling.

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll bet things will settle down even more if/when you can get them all spayed/neutered. Your home sounds like a busy, busy place!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bet things will settle down even more if/when you can get them all spayed/neutered. Your home sounds like a busy, busy place!
That should help a bit, also 1 year from now on small ones should start to settle down a bit, they still have that energy of youth that I can only dream of anymore.

It is silly that when I pick up toymouse that is attached with string to long wand, they hear that to other room and come running every time, no matter how silently I try to pick it up, there has been no any moment that they would not started playing when they see or hear that toy and it is hours for each day that we play with that, jumping and running hunting, stalking, then they of course have their own games of chasing and wrestling, which surely bring lot of life around here, there is hardly any silent moment when I'm up, but when I go to sleep they seem to understand that it is better let me sleep, maybe they sense how I'm like bear shot into rear end if I'm waken early, something that I can't help a bit, no matter how clever I would be.

Panther is mostly the one that is not obeying, he is more of his own way is only way cat, but rest are very polite if one can say such from a cat, if I say no they understand and obey, that is mostly with door, when I go they are not allowed to go from door unless told so, just precaution so that they would not try to escape, even there are many doors before they could reach outdoors, I'm not taking risks, Panther knows what no is, he knows that he should not sneak out from door, but he still does it, then he tries to avoid being caught as I always carry him back inside and tell him to stay inside. No matter how much he is evading, when I get hold of him he is not putting any fight against, he becomes boiled spaghetti, one could tie him to knot when he has arms around him, so he is not big problem to handle, just takes often bit of time, he is the rebel one, but he is also most accepting one what comes to handling.

Here is one tip, if you ever put scratching post somewhere, don't remove it, they will scratch same place, not scratching post at new place, poor insulation of mine. so I have to do that bit of house renovation again :lol3:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mauku was away for more than a week.

She was on yard today, at the morning as sun was shining she chased two of the bigger birds we have commonly here and other one was just laughing kra kra kra kra as she had no real chances to caught such large bird, then she rolled on ground belly up, suddenly spurting to random direction tail fluffy and directly up, then started rolling on ground and rubbing her head to stairs, for me she seemed to have spring attack, but certainly looks like that she did act like she would consider this yard as her own.

I'm just worried that she gets lost on her travels.

Well, spring affects them in many ways, Miuku is rolling on her back too, up to three times a day, he just fells over against my leg and turns on his back, then kneads in air with eyes closed and enjoys greatly from bellyrubs.

Even little iita is enjoying from bellyrubs and she is meowing a lot to get my constant attention, she seem to want that I play with her non stop and pet her, but she is still bit scared, so sometimes she is coming to ask for petting and then retreats and sits bit further, if I try to pet her she moves bit further again. still comes to ask more right after I turn away. Which I think is bit silly as at times she is fully comfortable with bellyrubs :lol3:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger had little accident.

I was spraying soap water to window as window needed cleaning from nose and paw prints, he jumps in right when I squirted soap water from bottle and he got his face covered to soap water, he even got stuff into his eyes, poor thing just stood there in disbelief of what just did happened, so I took clean paper towel and wiped his face, which he seemed to understand why I'm doing that and actually even helped by rubbing his head into towel, he seems to be ok, but I don't know if soap is anything like soap to human eyes. It was very mild Fairy dish washing soap and water mixture so it is not very harmful, however it might not feel too great in eye.

He is quite amazing cat as he seemed not be scared, either he did not understood that it was my doing or understood that it was he who jumped into spray, either way he did not start to be evasive at all, often such event would result cat bolting off and being evasive from my experience.

It seems to be that he is not at all afraid of me in other ways either, I can pick him up any time, I can even play bite him from ear and he then play attacks without claws with tip of tail moving and right after he bumps against me and rubs his neck against my hand, which I take he somehow likes from such.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a furl season!

Brushing Miuku produces fist size ball of fur, which can be then rolled and it provides a many nice toys for them to play with :lol3:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some might remember how Mouku became very shy and constantly afraid, not allowing to be touched at all?

Then he started to become bit more friendly and gained some courage to be petted a bit.

Yesterday I picked him up and put on my lap, he enjoyed it a lot and was asking more petting even I was petting him already, that is something Miuku has never done, Miuku is always jumping out from my lap, but Mouku just settled down and was relaxed there.

He is still sometimes shy, but I think that he has now forgotten why he was afraid of me, really odd how he has learned to be so trusting in all of sudden.

Even Little iita is trusting more, she is very vocal nowdays, also she even jumped on my lap to get treats, which is very brave from her.

Panther has been more distant again, but he is still sneaking from door, today he got into accident as I closed the door and did not see him sneaking past me, so he got between the door, he seems to be ok, but I'm sure that must have hurt him a bit, he seemed not to be any different from behavior either, so I guess it just sting a bit and more spooked him than anything else, also as he allowed to be picked up and was on my lap, it seems that he was not angry to me and perhaps somehow understood it being accident, but as he is so small and door is rather large, it really was bit worrying event at least for me.
Panther is 2nd smallest of them all, little iita being smallest one. Tiger is one that is clearly growing, iita and Panther are same size as they were two months ago.

edit: Mouku decided jump on my lap by himself right after I posted the message, then he rolled on his side and even upside down on my lap, This is the same cat that did hide between mattresses less than 2 months ago when I came upstairs, oh and he does nibble me when I pet him long enough, also licks and then bites gently, so he seem to be transforming from hiding cat to love bug, if that is same cat, he does look the same cat, but I don't know if he really is the same, there is nothing same in his behavior, well maybe shaking paws before drinking, but that is about it, he is completely transformed and seem to be even most trusting of them all and certainly most lap cat of them all, quite odd, but that is really good,imo.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Mouku decided to jump on my lap yesterday, he has done that twice today and even climbed to rub nose and lick my cheek, he is only one that has done that. Only issue is that he leaves fur coat behind him every time :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, Mouku has been lap cat now few days, every morning he jumps on my lap, stealing most of the morning petting, every time he wakes up he comes and jumps on my lap, also there is no going to sleep without Mouku sitting on lap, of course some petting must be stored for night as it is long time without petting :lol3:

I have started to introduce them new area now, well it is known area for two of them, downstairs, but for small ones it is exciting new place with lot to explore, so they have been now examining that new place, behind of cabinets have been of course places of great interest, there can be even smell of mouse so they are stalking for prey too and generally enjoying from much larger living. with staircase and downstairs their living area has now been increased nearly three times larger than their play room, there is lot to explore for little kitty cats. They have been so exited about it that daytime napping is forgotten as is food, they did note that I put food down, but after I finished filling the bowl they bolted to downstairs again, such interest they have towards that place, but I guess attraction of new wears off in few days.

Mauku is two-three days around and then might be more than 8 days away, varies quite a bit. I gave her some dried duck today, result was bit hilarious, she was very cautious, then sniffed it a bit, all of sudden she did ate it so fast that I don't know if she got even a bite done to it and looking very quickly nose on ground for more bits of that extremely good stuff, she did go as far as to sit on stairs for 10 minutes waiting to get more of that, but it is only tiny bits that she can have free, for more she has to come inside and that is big barrier that I don't know if she is ready to leap over.

Got another delivery package, this time there was squeaky mouse, Panther took that as his new fauvorite, haven't seen him so immersed into playing for long time, he has been rather off put from playing and even avoided petting too, that has been going on long time really, but if I'm persistent enough he will allow petting and even sleep on lap too, but he has been angry from some thing I guess, maybe not enough playing with him as it has been really busy for me lately.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mouku is doing fine, he is quite a love bug now, yesterday he slept at leg end of bed as I got up, then I put blanket over him so that only ears, eyes and nose was visible and he just purrs and closes his eyes, I did go to do some jobs I had to do and when I came bak several hours later, Mouku was still wrapped inside a blanket and sleeping there, but now little iita was sleeping next to him.

Mouku usually comes to sleep into bed, also he wants lot of petting and also love bites often, purrs loudly and rams against me with top of his head, tail very solidly upwards.

He has become complete opposite from what he was not so long ago, other ones seem to be much less tame, really weird, but maybe they take turns.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been well two weeks since I saw Mauku, not even dry food at warehouse has been touched. There were some house renovating which included workers and noisy equipment, also her secondary safehouse has been occupied by neighbor who is not there even every year. I start to suspect that she decided to look some more calm location because of all that.

Kind of good news is that Mouku is combing my hair, that is how he is waking me up now, also he sleeps at leg end of bed, he is not acting up very feral anymore, I can even pick him up and carry around, but at downstairs he is still afraid of me, only until I touch his head when he becomes tame again, maybe there is some hidden switch?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH dear about Mauku... I bet you are right in that she has found another more quiet place to live at the moment. I do hope she is alright too :rub: :cross: and that she will return to you once again when things settle down with the renovations. The house next door to me was sold about six months ago - it had been abandoned for almost 1 1/2 yrs. That is where most of the feral cats hung out. Now they have scattered because the house is getting work done daily and it is very noisy. Even for me and my cats INSIDE our house!!! :slant: So yes, the cats do seem to leave their territory once it has been invaded with human noise. Makes me sad too. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

AWWW Mouku - what a love upstairs :heart3: :rub: and for downstairs :seesaw: I find it so interesting and have heard of this many, many times, how a cat is a totally different cat in different parts of a home or environment. One place they feel safe, secure and can let their guard down, the other - they seem on edge. All in all - sounds like he is doing SO WELL :clap::clap::clap::clap: