3 days old kitten not nursing, please help..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asmalikd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately it seems as though we might have to euthanize ‘Beanie’. She was shaking this morning and was brought to the vet who seems to think she’s having epileptic seizures due to a deeper neurological issue. 😿 This was hours ago, and she’s seizing every couple of minutes. I’m torn but thankfully her littermates are well. Thanks for your wellwishes and advice.🖤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is your vet willing to try gabapentin with her? It helps seizures. Poor baby. Let us know what you decide to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asmalikd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet wasn’t willing to use any sort of epilepsy medication because of her small size. i feel like i’m annoying everyone i know cause i keep talking about this, so i’m here. There’s no quality of life with the way she keeps having the seizures, and it’s making feeding very difficult. If I put her to rest it would do heaps for the both of us.
thanks again for the comforting comments, i’ll see if she gets any better overnight with my fingers crossed :zzzcat:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand, but if a tiny, kitten-sized dose helps, what’s the down side to trying? Vets give kittens antibiotics and vaccines and worm meds, why not try a seizure med? If after trying it for a few days and she’s no better, you have your answer. Or see another vet. I get frustrated by vets who want to euthanize kittens and cats before exhausting all options. There are meds that might help. But I’m not there, so I’m confident in your judgment. It’s just sad. :(