3 day old kittens. one not gained.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This must have been so painful for you to watch.. I am truly sorry.. At least she left surrounded by love. 

I am sure your pain will be replaced by new memories with the remaining little boy and the mother.

You really did try and did everything there was to do. 

May the little girl rest in peace 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

delilahndrew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were next to me, mum made a shrill miaow and licked her baby girl. Dora took a last breath, mum put her head down to her and they lay together for a little while.
I know deep down something was wrong inside her, she did not grow at all. The size difference was astounding her brother has almost doubled his birth weight in 5 days. She was beautiful.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your support x
She was indeed very beautiful. Even being so small, she captured my heart when I looked photos you uploaded.. 

The way you described how her mum dealt with her baby quietly leaving, just made me sob.. So graceful and loving mum..  

Last edited by a moderator:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry you lost the little girl. She was loved and had a home in her short life. May she run free with all the kitties who've gone before her and welcome all who are to come. I really did hope she'd turned the corner but it seems she didn't. Please try to not feel guilty about her passing, a lot of times kittens do not make it past kittenhood. Its sad but there is not much to be done about it, only keep them comfy while they are here.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. You really did everything you could. I'm happy she passed in the comfort of her mom's arms. So touching. RIP little one.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On behalf of the mod team, my I offer our deepest sympathy on your loss. It is a sad fact of nature that not all of them make it, despite our best efforts. Normally, when a cat dies, we close the thread as a mark of respect and then the owner can open a new thread in the 'Crossing the Bridge' forum. However, as your little one was the only one to pass, you may prefer that the thread stays open so you can continue to post here. If you want it to be closed please contact me or any moderator. You can still post in the CTB forum.

delilahndrew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Just a little update :)
Dexter is now just over three weeks old. He is a chunky monkey at 500g already!! Here he is with mum on the left, and my other cat Drew on the right. Having his first sniff of dreamies! No he didn't eat any! Mums milk is doing more than enough for him!!
We miss Dora, more now he is up and about, would have been lovely for them to play together. Dexter is staying with us and we are thinking of buying a play mate for him to grow up with.
Delilah is being spayed once he's weaned ;)

delilahndrew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Drew's not related :) she just looks very much like Dexter somehow [emoji]128518[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, my gosh! The CUTE!!! As a lover of ginger tabbies, I am just melting!

delilahndrew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dexter is 4 weeks and doing awesomely. However he is not interested in kitten food yet, and mum is happy feeding him, most if the time.
Should I be encouraging him more to eat food or is it OK to wait longer?
Mum had a severe allergy to cat food, dry, so I'm wondering if delaying food introduction is a good thing, like with humans. All cat food in the house is grain free and hypo allergenic anyway.

delilahndrew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great. Its one less thing go worry about. He's gaining weight just fine. Being an only kitten he's getting plenty of milk :)