3 cats in 1 bdrm apt

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had two in a one bedroom apartment, and they were just fine. I'd definitely keep two kittens, because one will drive you batty. There's no way for a human to play as long and hard as a kitten wants. I definitely had room for another cat or two, but I'm glad I stuck with just the two. I can't imagine trying to move more than two, or vet bills. If you do all the immunizations, it's a lot of money to raise kittens.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, don't feel so crazy...last year I had 7 cats (two adults, 5 kittens) in a two bedroom apartment. I'm a crazy cat lady at the age of 24, lol! we found homes for the 5 kittens though...but it was A LOT of cleaning when we had all 7...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should keep them.
Like you said, anything less feels incomplete.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 3 cats in a 1 bedroom (450sq feet). It was to small. Two were kittens and very rambuncious. We finally realized it was to much and moved to a 2 bedroom townhouse (1150sq feet) and feel 3 is plenty for the size. Once we get a house we will probably add one more cat and a dog.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should keep mom and one female. If mon is a year or under, she will begin to play with them. I don't think moms like to play until the kittens understand that the well is dry, (around three months). the mommy and kitty I had were very playful with each other.

randdom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have only the one cat in a one bedroomed Flat (when I am at uni) but I think that 3 could fit if I wanted to have 3.