3-4 weeks old kitten help

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This precious baby is so adorable. There are many people here who know exactly what to do with a kitty this young. My cat was able to care for her kittens, and fed them when she knew they needed it. Listen to these people here, they have a vast amount of knowledge. The only advice I can give is if you let her explore,that you watch her very carefully. She is so precious, thank you for sharing those pics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This precious baby is so adorable. There are many people here who know exactly what to do with a kitty this young. My cat was able to care for her kittens, and fed them when she knew they needed it. Listen to these people here, they have a vast amount of knowledge. The only advice I can give is if you let her explore,that you watch her very carefully. She is so precious, thank you for sharing those pics.
Thank you :) Many people from here helped me with this kitty and I'm very grateful about it. She loves to explore and run around, she's playful too. And you're welcome :D 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to know right now. The most important thing is that she's healthy! Time will tell on her size. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to know right now. The most important thing is that she's healthy! Time will tell on her size. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Yea, I'm glad she made it through ! As it's my first time ever taking care of a kitten as young as 3 weeks old, I was so scared. The youngest I took care of was about 4-5 weeks old. The kitten already knew how to go potty on his own and on solid food. You guys helped me a lot !! Thank you so much !  

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also I have a cat named Cake and Cake doesn't seem to like the kitten(still thinking about a name) as she growls when the kitten gets a bit close to her, she hisses at the kitten when it gets too close and runs away. When I was playing with the kitten with a wand toy, Cake sees it and she wants to get it but the kitten was there so she just stays where she was. But she couldn't help it so she came to get the toy and the kitten was really close to her, the kitten was playful, Cake's tail was moving around so the kitten tried to get it lol and Cake freaked out, hissed at the kitten and for a second I thought I saw Cake tried to paw the kitten so I grabbed the kitten quick. Oh I forgot to mention that the cat and the kitten touched each others on the nose every once in a while even though the cat would growls. When the cat walks up to the kitty, they sniffed each others on the nose, the cat tried to sniff her butt and everywhere else she could reach as the kitten keeps moving lol. Today, when the kitten was running around, Cake got into chase mode (her pupil got big and chasing the kitten but she didn't really try hurt her; I keep watching them so she can't even if she tries to). When the kitten gets playful and scratch Cake, Cake gets really mad it seems like she doesn't know the kitten being playful, she just growls at her, and hisses at her. Cake chases around the kitten every now and then, kinda pawing her every now and then, but nothing serious. The kitten doesn't seem to be hurt at all. I wonder if it's Cake teaching the kitten she's the boss. Cake is still growling and hissing at her. When the kitten is asleep, she doesn't seem to mess with the kitten. She just lays down at one of her usual spot, on the bed at our feet, kitten sleeps close to us. Since yesterday, I can't put the kitten in the box anymore. Everytime she falls asleep in my arms, I'd move her to the box and it was always okay even if she wakes up, she'd fall back asleep. Now, she'd wake up, cries until I go lay down next to her and put my palm on her face so she can suck on my palm/fingers, she'd fall asleep while doing that (So cute !). So, I just let the kitten roams and sleep where she wants which is on our bed with us. Anyways, any suggestions on how to get Cake to like the kitten? I really want them to be buddies D: 

Last edited:

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten has been eating wet food okay but now she seems like she likes the dry food better. She always go for it over the wet food. Is feeding her dry food only okay? She seems to drink water often and such. I'll probably feed her wet food a bit every now and then. Maybe if I feed her by surprise, she might enjoy it. I'm not sure D:

Here's an updated pictures of my kitten :)

I put the little bow collar on her temporarily for pictures. It is very big on her lol ! I kinda folded it a bit inside to take pictures :p One thing that surprised me is that, when I first put the pink collar(the only one I have that fits her) which is shown on the picture above, she didn't mind at all; like 0. When I put the bow collar on, she started playing around with the bell lol. 

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is adorable. Some cats do prefer only dry food. One of my cats has never eaten wet food and she is very healthy. Continue offering wet food to your kitten though. Perhaps she will like a different brand better. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is adorable. Some cats do prefer only dry food. One of my cats has never eaten wet food and she is very healthy. Continue offering wet food to your kitten though. Perhaps she will like a different brand better. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Thank you :3 I'll try to put down wet food only so she eats it when she gets hungry, then put down dry food so she can graze it after the wet food. I've been feeding her the lotus brand. Just now, I added a bit of fancy feast. She didn't eat that nor dry food so she probably wasn't hungry. I'll try again later :D Btw since she's about 7 weeks now, should I stop offering her KMR? I offer her KMR a little still.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, the KMR is fine. I used it until my very spoiled cats were 6 months old!

If your cat is not interested in wet, do not make her wait too long for dry. She must eat on time! She may like the wet food better at 6-8 weeks old. She's young yet!

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, the KMR is fine. I used it until my very spoiled cats were 6 months old!

If your cat is not interested in wet, do not make her wait too long for dry. She must eat on time! She may like the wet food better at 6-8 weeks old. She's young yet!
Okay, I'll keep on feeding her KMR. How much do you think I should be feeding it to her? Should I give her a bowl 4 times a day after eating and let her drink as much as she wants? That's what I've been doing. She drinks about a bottle and a half daily. 

Last edited:

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I tried giving her the lotus mixed with fancy feast, she just wouldn't eat it. She sniffed it and walked around meowing for dry kibbles. I put down the dry kibble and she started eating. She seems to be addicted to the Natural Balance kitten kibbles lol. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can leave the dry food down all the time and keep offering the wet food or kmr several times a day. You can actually mix the kmr with the wet food and see if she's any more interested.

She's getting so big and cute!

Careful with the collars when you're not supervising. Cats have been known to get caught and can get seriously hurt.

Last edited:

yuki-chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can leave the dry food down all the time and keep offering the wet food or kmr several times a day. You can actually mix the kmr with the wet food and see if she's any more interested.

She's getting so big and cute!

Careful with the collars when you're not supervising. Cats have been known to get caught and can get seriously hurt.
I always leave the dry food around, she'd eat that and when I give her wet food and take away dry food for a second so she'd eat the wet food (hopefully), and she'd cry for dry food lol. And okay, I'll try to mix it with KMR ! Hopefully she eats it :) 

Awh, thank you, she's so sweet. She thinks I'm her mom and she's so attached to me. She's the sweetest little kitten ever !!! She'd sleep on my face, between my face and shoulder, under my chin, in my arms, on my head, in my hair, anywhere near me is where she'd sleep. When I move her like on the spoon pillow because I'm scared I'd squish her, she'd move right back in my arms or just anywhere where she can feel me lol. I barely get any sleep because of that. I'd sleep like an hour then wake up freaking out I squished her but she'd be laying down close to me or sometimes biting on me and that woke me up. When I leave the room, she'd cry for a bit then stop. When I go back in the room, she'd meow and come straight to me. Also, when in the room and she's exploring, when I say come here little Raven, she'd come to me. She's so sweeeeeet omg I' dying !!!

Don't worry, I'm always around her, when I leave the room, it'd only be a few seconds. And the collar is very loose. :)