24 is just not enough...

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish there was more time in the day to get all my cleaning done and spend time with my babies and then have some time for myself to RELAX. That would be great.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you ever really thought about all these time saving devices?

For instance.

The vaccuum. First you have to clean the whole floor off from pieces of stuff like coins, thread, and long hair. Then you sprinkle carpet freshener around and wait for 15 minutes. Then you have to haul the thing out of the closet, find the plug, plug it in, step on the thing to make it roll right, and then turn it on. Run behind it, pull, push, and manuver it all around, move things to get under/behind them. Clean the roller at the bottom from all the pieces you didn't get (like long hair and threads...), and then continue.

Wouldn't it be easier if we just swept?

Fine.

Take the laundry.

You have to gather it together, sort it according to colors, sort it again according to water temperatures, and then line up all the piles. Spray with prewash and set to soaking all that needs presoaking (at least 15 minutes). Move the cats off the pile you're going to wash, and then into the washer with it. Change all the settings on the machine to suit that particular load, add softener and soap, and then wait for an entire hour for it to complete. Then you transfer that load into the dryer, making sure the lint catcher is clean, and adding the dryer sheets. Repeat as long as necessary, which can take all day. Wouldn't it be easier if we had a washtub and hung things out on the line?

Still not happy?

Fine, let's talk about dishwashers.

Rinse off all the dishes, load them up into the washer. Separate the pots and pans, and the ubber greasy plates, and then pour special dishwashing soap into it (don't you even dare to use the regular handwashing dishsoap....you'll be cleaning for hours!). Set up the loads, get all the right buttons pushed, and turn it on. Then go to the sink and get the water ready for those which are "too delicate" or too dirty for the dishwasher...hand wash those things, dry them off, and now it's time to unload the dishwasher.

Wouldn't it be easier to just handwash the dishes in the first place?

So, what would I do with an additional few hours a day? Sleep. But knowing me, I'd work instead. Or vaccuum.

Best-
Michele

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

Have you ever really thought about all these time saving devices?

For instance.

The vaccuum. First you have to clean the whole floor off from pieces of stuff like coins, thread, and long hair. Then you sprinkle carpet freshener around and wait for 15 minutes. Then you have to haul the thing out of the closet, find the plug, plug it in, step on the thing to make it roll right, and then turn it on. Run behind it, pull, push, and manuver it all around, move things to get under/behind them. Clean the roller at the bottom from all the pieces you didn't get (like long hair and threads...), and then continue.

Wouldn't it be easier if we just swept?

Fine.

Take the laundry.

You have to gather it together, sort it according to colors, sort it again according to water temperatures, and then line up all the piles. Spray with prewash and set to soaking all that needs presoaking (at least 15 minutes). Move the cats off the pile you're going to wash, and then into the washer with it. Change all the settings on the machine to suit that particular load, add softener and soap, and then wait for an entire hour for it to complete. Then you transfer that load into the dryer, making sure the lint catcher is clean, and adding the dryer sheets. Repeat as long as necessary, which can take all day. Wouldn't it be easier if we had a washtub and hung things out on the line?

Still not happy?

Fine, let's talk about dishwashers.

Rinse off all the dishes, load them up into the washer. Separate the pots and pans, and the ubber greasy plates, and then pour special dishwashing soap into it (don't you even dare to use the regular handwashing dishsoap....you'll be cleaning for hours!). Set up the loads, get all the right buttons pushed, and turn it on. Then go to the sink and get the water ready for those which are "too delicate" or too dirty for the dishwasher...hand wash those things, dry them off, and now it's time to unload the dishwasher.

Wouldn't it be easier to just handwash the dishes in the first place?

So, what would I do with an additional few hours a day? Sleep. But knowing me, I'd work instead. Or vaccuum.

Best-
Michele
. Still, there are some devices I wouldn't want to give up, because I think they truly save me some time: the dryer, steam cleaner and microwave, for instance. And I love the Litter Locker in the morning - no more running down two flights of stairs to the outside trashcan.

It would be nice to have 2 or 3 extra hours a day, just to sleep more.

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I hear you bery...I'm students teaching and it is taking a lot out of me. I am teaching all day except math, but I'll even be picking up math for a bit next week! I met with my friends on Monday, and none of them are even close to the point of taking over like I am! Taking over so much within a few days time, and having an informal university supervised visit, and getting grilled by my CT for 2 days straight really took it's toll on my body and I ended up crying after school. Friday was a lot better, and my CT said that my science lesson was 100% (fianally some positive feed back). I don't wish the school day to be longer, but I do wish my weekends and nights were longer. Oh and did I mention that I'm also now grading everything! I take home everything! I still have all of it yet to do, along with planning every lesson (science, math, and all of the reading groups) and edit a girl's story for writer's workshop....her story is about how she got her two kitties, and how silly they are. I love their little imaginations!
Hi Sofie, glad to hear that you are doing well at ST. Since my CT asked me to withdraw (as you know already) I have. It doesn't mean I am giving up because of ONE control-freak CT. She had too much on her plate and didn't/wouldn't mentor me properly. She really didn't want ANY ST this semester, but was too chicken to tell her principal, "NO, I can't take one on this semester" (so she cleverly devised a plan to oust me and make herself look good in the process).

I have a meeting with my Uni-Sup (the one that was in the Virgin Islands for 8 weeks while she crucified me by email and phone after my CT complained to her) AND the head of student teaching experiences.

I am ready to move forward and try ST again. I have had ALL positive experiences and feedback until this CT. Why should I let one negative experience de-rail my future??

Again, I am so happy for you. I will have moved in with Matt by the end of this week. I will also be looking for some employement until another ST position opens up for me. Take care Lacey!!!