$22,500.00 for a handbag! Seriously?

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the bag that Oprah couldn't get in the other country lol

I would never ever pay that much for a bag even if I was rich. I don't carry a purse anymore.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Quote:

No man bag?! 
  Don't worry; my husband used to hate carrying the diaper bag even if he was carrying the baby at the same time! 
Nope, I hate even having to carry a wallet. I get called euphemisms for gay frequently enough (particularly by the Hispanics) as it is.

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My limit would be around $30- and even that is high for me! No way would I spend an astronomical amount of money - even if I could afford it! Better to give the money to a charity.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

To match the people who are being rude?
Eh; one up em in a sense.  I'd probably go for something humorous...  pull out an old camera and start taking their picture and say "I need to show my friend what rude looks like."  Stare back and cross my eyes.  Maybe stooping to their level makes me no better than them.  But I got picked on enough as a kid; finding my own way to poke back was how I coped I guess!  A combination of ignoring and finding a way to laugh.  Depends on the situation.  I've heard a few people in my area say they've had problems with some of the migrant workers.  Not doing anything TOO bad; but ogling women and even following them around the grocery store.  It happened to a friend of mine once and they were talking to each other in Spanish thinking she couldn't understand.  She finally turned around and replied to them in Spanish.  They at least had the decency to look embarrassed and leave.  

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually give them a sneer and reply in Russian, Gashta, or Lapine. So far I haven't found anybody that speaks any of them. Since I have long hair, and live in a "country" town, people assume I am gay, which is not true. If I started carrying a man-bag, I would get more of the comments. Besides, I don't usually carry anything large enough to need one.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have Coach issues. :lol3: I bought one for myself for my 40th birthday and have been buying them ever since. :lol3: I do get them all from the outlets on clearance with coupons.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
What you're all missing is that it's made of "exquisite hand-selected African alligator"

It's obviously danger money for the person who had to hand-select it. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what is interesting?  If you do a Google search for "are there alligators in Africa?" You will find that alligators are limited to the US and China, so by process of elimination, there are no alligators in Africa; only crocodiles.   LOL   So those must be some mighty rare alligators!!

EDIT:

I couldn't resist. I sent them an email telling them that there are no alligators in Africa.  lol

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You know what is interesting?  If you do a Google search for "are there alligators in Africa?" You will find that alligators are limited to the US and China, so by process of elimination, there are no alligators in Africa; only crocodiles.   LOL   So those must be some mighty rare alligators!!

EDIT:

I couldn't resist. I sent them an email telling them that there are no alligators in Africa.  lol
Would you believe there are alligators native to Arkansas?