2014 Secret Santa received thread

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a few days since I caught up on this thread.

First: My Santee knows who I am, so I would like to assure them that I shipped their gift today! It should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Hey... last year my SS got it on Xmas Eve, so I'm getting better! 

Second: That llama is great!! Such cute clothes!

Third: WOW I love that wooden cat statue that pinkdagger received! So simple and cute. Wonderful gifts!!!! 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been so busy over the last week or two with the Christmas markets that I am only now catching up on this thread. As usual I am overawed at the cleverness and thoughtfulness that TCS members put into the gifts. I am not sure I would ever dare send champagne glasses through the post though! They are beautiful! I agree that postage is horrific when sending internationally, but jcat suggested to me to use a courier service instead of the regular post, and that can work out much cheaper. It was too late for this year, but I will look into it next time. Part of the joy of TCS SS is finding little things that match our recipients, so buying all from one place is not always an ideal solution.
I took a chance on those glasses, let me tell you.  Last year, my SS lived in Iceland of all places.  Iceland!!!  One item did not make it safely; a set of glass cat ornaments.  One shattered.  I also sent her a bottle of maple syrup and was so afraid it would break and leak all over everything.  It was a banned item to send overseas which I only found out at the post office so of course, I lied about it being inside lol.

This year, I swore I wasn't going to ship glass again but I wrapped it MUCH better; bubble wrap and tissue paper and fit it snugly into the box.  I was fairly confident that it wouldn't move around enough in shipping and as luck had it, it did not.  Plus, it was only going a couple of states away :D

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, someone sent clementines oversees via mail?  Isn't that illegal? :lol3:
I'd never do such a thing (says the person who sent a couple of supposed illegal items to my SS last year :D )
you can order fruits etc here from american companies to be sent all over the world.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This year, I swore I wasn't going to ship glass again but I wrapped it MUCH better; bubble wrap and tissue paper and fit it snugly into the box.  I was fairly confident that it wouldn't move around enough in shipping and as luck had it, it did not.  Plus, it was only going a couple of states away :D
I think that really helps!  I hear all kinds of stories from my DH about things not being packaged properly.  Some companies are stingy on the tape too.  One pass of package tape over the bottom of a heavy box.  Or one pass of tape over a half full box that is going to have another (possibly heavy) box on top of it.  Or 10 boxes.  On the other hand; my BFF is such an expert at pacakaging boxes he can tell when one comes from her by the tape.  She practically laminates them. 
  I looked at the USPS website to see if reused boxes were acceptable. They acutally suggested not using boxes that had been used in the mail because they weaken.  
  I find it severely annoying that the boxes for purchase at Walmart are almost all square.  I never can fill those right!  Something is always too long. 

I think we only need confirmation on 2 packages now.  Both are in the mail; per their SS's!  
  I was told one package's tracking information is being stalked by the Santa. 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't hold back revealing! My SS was Pinkdagger :D

Xena still keeps taking my fuzzy!! And she absolutely LOVEs the wand. I keep it in a cabinet and she knows which one, and will go paw at it until I take it out to play.

Thanks Santa :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suppose it's time to start our list so we can figure out who was matched up with who for the exchange:

betsygee - ?

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - ?

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - ?

JennyR - ?

If you know who your Santa was; please feel free to copy this list and post it updated with your Santa's name next to yours! 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I suppose it's time to start our list so we can figure out who was matched up with who for the exchange:

betsygee - ?

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - Goldycat

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - ?

JennyR - ?

If you know who your Santa was; please feel free to copy this list and post it updated with your Santa's name next to yours! 
 Goldycat was my Secret Santa!

BTW, the two wand toys she sent are a huge hit with both cats.  Neither of them had anything with tinsel on it and they are both enjoying "killing" it enormously.  Casper, as I mentioned, is kind of difficult to get motivated at his age and with some arthritic issues most likely, so we're very pleased to have something other than Da Bird which gets him moving.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JennyR was my Santa!

betsygee - ?

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - ?

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - JennyR

JennyR - ?

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
betsygee - Nebula

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - ?

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - JennyR

JennyR - ?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
betsygee - ?

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - ?

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - JennyR

JennyR - Betsygee

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
betsygee - ?

Nebula - Pinkdagger

sivyaleah - GoldyCat

parsleysage - sivyaleah

GoldyCat - ?

Pinkdagger - JennyR

JennyR - Betsygee

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
So the box I got last week was actually from another SS exchange I'm in. :anon: It's not really my fault. That Secret Santa didn't give me a single hint.
Anyway, I now have the REAL TCS Secret Santa package! :clap: It came in a very late mail delivery yesterday afternoon. I only had time to open the box to see all the gifts inside, and a card with my SS's name. :D Then I got called to go to work and didn't get back to take pictures until after I got some sleep today. I'm still waiting to open the presents until at least Christmas Eve, maybe even Christmas Day since I'll be alone (with the kitties) on Christmas.

Here's what I have so far. The box was wrapped in plain brown paper, which Merlin promptly claimed.

All the presents together. The candy cane is--er--was--filled with Rolo candy.

Gandalf trying to be a Darksider

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go Gandalf! 

I haven't opened my gifts just yet.  I'm trying to get the last of my Christmas cookies made.  (It's midnight in my time zone...)  If I can keep my eyes open enough when they are drying (no-bakes) I'll open and take pictures but probably not share till I've had some sleep.  I keep typing words wrong so that's not a good sign. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alright; I have opened my box full of surprises!  My wonderful Secret Santa was PARSLEYSAGE!! 
Noodles says thank you for the paper.  I'll be leaving that down for them tonight! 
The candle smells great!  I love the candy dishes too!  I have the perfect snowman to set them next to!  

One of the containers of goodies and a throw in my favorite shade of red!  I love the pattern too!!  This matches my style perfectly!

Slipper socks!  They will get lots of use!

Christmas pin.  The metal is shiny so I had a hard time getting a picture without the flash ruining it; but the room is too dark for no flash of course!

Lindt. Yum.  No further comment needed.  This went right into my stash!  Also purple post-it's (I use them like crazy and purple is my favorite color!) plus 2 pretty pens!  I'll be hiding these from DD!  

Mooch needed love apparently.  Or she smelled something inside this container??

A calender and Tic Tacs!  Don't laugh; I almost bought a container of the grape ones when I was grocery shopping yesterday.  I'm stocked now!  
Goodlies for the girls!

The green toy has mint in it and smells really nice.  The ball lights up; Mooch has been enjoying that in the pile of tissue paper. 
This is what happens when I try to get a picture of everything!

I brought down our llama so he could supervise. 
Mooch guarding the paper and giving Noodles a look.

I couple minutes later I discovered Noodles was looking at a crinkle ball stuck up in the Christmas tree.  I don't know who to blame for that!

Yes Noodles; those treats are for you.

Our Elf-llama approves!

Mooch playing with the ball.

She's not amused. 

I told her the pens look great against her fur!  

That's it folks!

Thank you again Anna/ParsleySage!  I love everything!!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Glad it made it before Xmas Eve and so glad you enjoyed the gifts! I love those slipper socks; I wanted a pair for myself but that was the last left in that pattern and I didn't like the other pattern available. Hopefully they are warm and comfy! Merry Christmas Leighann, Mooch, & Noodles!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
View media item 251433
I'm in two Secret Santa exchanges, so hope I haven't mixed things up too much. I think these are the gifts from my TCS Secret Santa.

Here are all the presents together
Two boxes of tea: peppermint for Christmas and a variety sampler
An insulated travel cup, made of recycled/recyclable materials
Handmade soap
Hand sanitizer, cherry apple TicTacs, watermelon lip balm--all the right size to carry in my purse, or put in the grooming kit I take to cat shows
Mini clipboard and notepad, with a magnet on the back so I can stick in on the refrigerator
Mini picture frame
Jigsaw puzzle
Three Christmas ornaments
Lindt chocolates
Cat toys include fuzzy white mice, crinkle balls, and an electronic bug.

The kitties were fascinated by the bug, at least once they figured out it wasn't going to turn around and bite them

They kept batting it around even after I turned it off to conserve the battery

Handmade soap. I haven't tried it yet, but that's coming soon.

Cute picture frame. Only problem is it holds a wallet size picture so I'll have to choose just one cat's picture to put in it. Maybe I should rotate pictures every few days so nobody gets their feelings hurt.

Beautiful ornament. Sorry it's fuzzy, my camera focused on the tree behind it and I didn't notice until I got in on my computer screen.

There are two painted wooden ornaments. I think they're supposed to be cat-proof, but I'm not sure how well that's going to work out.

This one is painted front and back

My Secret Santa is MoochNNoodles! Thank you so much, love them all.