2013 Secret Santa received thread!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tooooo funny!!  It must be the same kind of banana my 2 have. I've found the thing drool soaked more than once!
LOL, it's funny you should say that. When l got home l managed to wrestle it away from Bretten (who goes a little wild on the 'nip). And when l picked it up, l thought the dog had been gnawing on it - it was soaked, and green! 
  They've been having a great old time with it, l think they like the thick outer canvassy shell.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are very welcome Angie! 
 I am impressed with the local postal service. They told me it would take 2 weeks but you got it in over half the time. And the country had just been hit by a super typhoon! 

Anyway, glad you liked the gifts specially the sweets. 

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:Lots to open!  Let's begin...

First, look at all these gifties!  

The one on the bottom left look like it could be chocolate so I opened that first. Sure enough, it was a nice sized bar of dark chocolate (my fav) with sea salt, and almonds.  I don't remember mentioning how much I love the salt/dark chocolate combo.  It's one of my few candy weaknesses.  Great item to get on a day when you aren't running to the market (snow, snow, snow).

Then, I started gently cutting away ribbon and paper of everything else because, well, I already knew something delicate was in there.

NOT breakable.  Lots of tiny furry mice that I knew Cocoa would go nuts over.  There was also a huge canister of catnip - that would be Casper's weakness.  And, another toy of a bird with feathers; again, perfect for Cocoa's mad dashing around the house with her "prey" in paw.  And here she is, already batting one around.

More food appeared.  I had never tried these, and let me tell you it was difficult not to tear the bag right open.  Oh wait.  We did 
I opened an oddly shaped one - and immediately realized this was the breakable one.  In it, was this stunning metal bird ornament.  It has a sort of vintage feel to it, which I love.  It going to be hung on one of the wood posts that separate our living and dining rooms, this way I'll be able to see it all the time.

Next was a unique little woven pouch. Perfect for storing loose items in my purse.  I took a photo with it and everything else because I needed to prop it up to get a good shot.

Thank you from me, Casper and Cocoabean to my SS in the state I work in; Cheylink and her lovely kitty, Maia.  Happy happy holidays!
 Thank you for all the great pics! I am glad everyone enjoyed the gifts

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I opened an oddly shaped one - and immediately realized this was the breakable one.  In it, was this stunning metal bird ornament.  It has a sort of vintage feel to it, which I love.  It going to be hung on one of the wood posts that separate our living and dining rooms, this way I'll be able to see it all the time.

Next was a unique little woven pouch. Perfect for storing loose items in my purse.  I took a photo with it and everything else because I needed to prop it up to get a good shot.
I'm glad to know those chocolates are so good!  I gave the pomegranate version to my Dad and his Girlfriend already for Christmas; along with some nice large mugs, chocolate pretzels and fancy hot chocolate.  Yummy yummy!

That hummingbird is beautiful!!

LOL, it's funny you should say that. When l got home l managed to wrestle it away from Bretten (who goes a little wild on the 'nip). And when l picked it up, l thought the dog had been gnawing on it - it was soaked, and green! 
  They've been having a great old time with it, l think they like the thick outer canvassy shell.
I bet that does send it over the top!  We've had ours for years now and I'll still find it soaked every now and then!  They've held up well!  I need to get by the local pet place and see if I can get them new ones; just to refresh the nip in it! 

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad to know those chocolates are so good!  I gave the pomegranate version to my Dad and his Girlfriend already for Christmas; along with some nice large mugs, chocolate pretzels and fancy hot chocolate.  Yummy yummy!

Oh yes! Those chocolates are definitely sooooo good! I had a hard time wrapping them up
for someone else!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You are very welcome Angie! 
 I am impressed with the local postal service. They told me it would take 2 weeks but you got it in over half the time. And the country had just been hit by a super typhoon! 

Anyway, glad you liked the gifts specially the sweets. 
And the cats and I have been having a wonderful time with the Silvervine powder.  

My prayers are with the people of your country.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I've torchered my poor SS enough! I opened the box!!!  My SS is Andrya!!!  Lots of goodies. One item wasn't wrapped; a wand for the cats. So we had a good 45 minute play session!  They all love it, but Spencer in particular because it squeaks!!! And he loves noisy toys with feathers!  LOL  Right now Katie is taking her turn by herself.  Picking it up and dropping it to make it squeak,  hehe

The parcel

Another view. It's very well wrapped.

Spencer helping me.  This is the first layer inside the wrapping. A cute canvas tote.

A close up of the tote

The box inside the tote.  You can see that there is major spillage,  lol

All of the pressies inside!  My nose detected Tim Tams!  But I haven't opened any!  You can see the cat wand on the top.

Another view

And another!

Spencer checking out the packaging!

Spencer butting in on Abby who was checking out the box!  Abby was probably giving him a piece of her mind for butting in,  lol

Abby with her box.  Spencer heard Katie in the kitchen

Spencer with his paper again.

Katie (I think) checking out the paper

Spencer with the squeaky mouse

And again!  This time he snuck up on it!  lol

Not sure if this is Spencer or Katie. I think Spencer.  In pictures I can only tell by the ear tufts. And I don't see any in this picture.

Katie checking out the mouse.

Katie again. It squeaked and moved, so she was a bit startled by that,  lol

Trying to take a bite out of it after it squeaked, lol

Katie, not so sure what to make of it

Abby couldn't resist checking out the squeaky thing

Deciding whether it's worth her time

Apparently not, she went and took over the scratch mat! that I got them for Christmas  lol

I'm going to open the rest on Christmas morning!!!  Thank you Andrya!!! I had fun opening the box and taking pictures. And that squeaky mouse wand is a huge hit!!

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie checking out the mouse.

Katie again. It squeaked and moved, so she was a bit startled by that,  lol

Trying to take a bite out of it after it squeaked, lol

Abby couldn't resist checking out the squeaky thing

I'm going to open the rest on Christmas morning!!!  Thank you Andrya!!! I had fun opening the box and taking pictures. And that squeaky mouse wand is a huge hit!!

FINALLY!!   LOL 
  I'm so glad your kitties like the wand. l saw them in a store and people had taken a bunch of the plastic battery guards off and had been playing with them. l figured if they entertained us, they'd entertain the kitties so l bought one for mine too. They haven't seen it yet.

lt looks like your cats are smelling mine on the packaging. l'm sure there's enough cat hair to stuff a pillow stuck in all that hockey tape wrapped around the parcel 

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

FINALLY!!   LOL 
  I'm so glad your kitties like the wand. l saw them in a store and people had taken a bunch of the plastic battery guards off and had been playing with them. l figured if they entertained us, they'd entertain the kitties so l bought one for mine too. They haven't seen it yet.

lt looks like your cats are smelling mine on the packaging. l'm sure there's enough cat hair to stuff a pillow stuck in all that hockey tape wrapped around the parcel 

It must have been driving you crazy knowing I had the parcel and not opening it!  LOL 

I woke up to the sound of squeak, squeak, squeak!  Spencer was carrying the wand around and when he dropped it, the mouse squeaked!  I played with them a little bit this morning with it. It's a huge hit!  Abby even wanted in on the action today but the twins are too rambunctious for her, so she stayed back and watched.

I did have a laugh when I was opening it though.  You used a whole lot of tape on the outside!  LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I accidental joined the Dark Side! Part of my SS gift came in the mail last night, and I thought it was something else I had ordered online, so I opened it. (It was a little pack of batteries my SS ordered separate from the gift that was mailed.)

Does this make me a Dark Sider now lol? No worries, when the rest arrives, I will be firmly on the Light Side! :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finallllllllly.........I am sorry for the delay of the photos, which are due to a computer with some serious life crises and extremely busy couple of weeks. :badpc:

Inside my box there was this beautiful box. I have been thinking what to use it for and as it is so beautiful, I have changed my mind about it having to be something related to Christmas and am going to find something great to store in it...... It has pictures of cats, decorated trees, presents...... That fits for any time of the year....right? :nod:

You opened it before Christmas????
:jaw:

Inside the box were 2 tea towels (I love nice tea towels!); hand soap with this deliciou s lavender smell (when I opened the box the lavender smell hit me and I knew I would love that present! It turned out that the soap had leaked a little:jaw: bit, but only in the paper surrounding it, but enough for the smell to fill the air when I opened the box. (I really love lavender!), a bottle of maple syrup, that was in one piece so this was not a sticky parcel at all, as my SS had been worried about; a box of assorted chocolates; really cute pink cupcake cups; adorable cat Christmas tree ornaments (there were 2 of them, but one was in 1000 pieces, but I will take extra care of the whole one); a bag of cat treats and last but no least, 3 catnip cat toys. Doppa claimed all of them right away and has been high on them since then, taking one with her to take a nap, licking them and running around with them trying to kill them!

You might have figured it out from the crazy catnip photos that Doppa is the black one, Feykirófa is the old striped one and Tiffany is the fluffy calico.

I loved the present!
Thank you again Laurie/Sivyaleah!!! :clap:
Finallllllllly.........I am sorry for the delay of the photos, which are due to a computer with some serious life crises and extremely busy couple of weeks. :badpc:

Inside my box there was this beautiful box. I have been thinking what to use it for and as it is so beautiful, I have changed my mind about it having to be something related to Christmas and am going to find something great to store in it...... It has pictures of cats, decorated trees, presents...... That fits for any time of the year....right? :nod:

Inside the box were 2 tea towels (I love nice tea towels!); hand soap with this delicious lavender smell (when I opened the box the lavender smell hit me and I knew I would love that present! It turned out that the soap had leaked a little bit, but only in the paper surrounding it, but enough for the smell to fill the air when I opened the box. (I really love lavender!), a bottle of maple syrup, that was in one piece so this was not a sticky parcel at all, as my SS had been worried about; a box of assorted chocolates; really cute pink cupcake cups; adorable cat Christmas tree ornaments (there were 2 of them, but one was in 1000 pieces, but I will take extra care of the whole one); a bag of cat treats and last but no least, 3 catnip cat toys. Doppa claimed all of them right away and has been high on them since then, taking one with her to take a nap, licking them and running around with them trying to kill them!

You might have figured it out from the crazy catnip photos that Doppa is the black one, Feykirófa is the old striped one and Tiffany is the fluffy calico.

I loved the present!
Thank you again Laurie/Sivyaleah!!! :clap:[/quote

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FINALLY!!   LOL :lol3:   I'm so glad your kitties like the wand. l saw them in a store and people had taken a bunch of the plastic battery guards off and had been playing with them. l figured if they entertained us, they'd entertain the kitties so l bought one for mine too. They haven't seen it yet.

lt looks like your cats are smelling mine on the packaging. l'm sure there's enough cat hair to stuff a pillow stuck in all that hockey tape wrapped around the parcel :lol3:  
FINALLY!!   LOL :lol3:   I'm so glad your kitties like the wand. l saw them in a store and people had taken a bunch of the plastic battery guards off and had been playing with them. l figured if they entertained us, they'd entertain the kitties so l bought one for mine too. They haven't seen it yet.

lt looks like your cats are smelling mine on the packaging. l'm sure there's enough cat hair to stuff a pillow stuck in all that hockey tape wrapped around the parcel :lol3:  

How can I get the beautiful tote bag? I need a new one and that's just what I'd like. I live abroad. :thanks:.

Inside the box were 2 tea towels (I love nice tea towels!); hand soap with this delicious lavender smell (when I opened the box the lavender smell hit me and I knew I would love that present! It turned out that the soap had leaked a little bit, but only in the paper surrounding it, but enough for the smell to fill the air when I opened the box. (I really love lavender!), a bottle of maple syrup, that was in one piece so this was not a sticky parcel at all, as my SS had been worried about; a box of assorted chocolates; really cute pink cupcake cups; adorable cat Christmas tree ornaments (there were 2 of them, but one was in 1000 pieces, but I will take extra care of the whole one); a bag of cat treats and last but no least, 3 catnip cat toys. Doppa claimed all of them right away and has been high on them since then, taking one with her to take a nap, licking them and running around with them trying to kill them!

I loved the present!
Thank you again Laurie/Sivyaleah!!! :clap:
:)

I loved the present!
Thank you again Laurie/Sivyaleah!!! :clap:[/quote

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. My phone is messing me around.
Could someone please tell me how I can get a tote bag like the TCS one? I need a new one and this one is lovely.
Oh I live abroad.
Can someone help me please?
:thanks:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. My phone is messing me around.
Could someone please tell me how I can get a tote bag like the TCS one? I need a new one and this one is lovely.
Oh I live abroad.
Can someone help me please?
They can be bought from here:

http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs/10...gn=none&utm_term=2470763&utm_content=10463747

and this is The Cat Site page:

http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs

l don't know anything about their international shipping, but l'm sure it's detailed on the site. And there is a tab at the very top right of the checkout page that gives the price in different world currencies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's here!!!! I'm so excited!! :D I just put the box under the Christmas tree, and will post a picture later!

(I'm a Lightsiders, so waiting until either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day to open it!!)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs/10476513?CJAID=10463747&CJPID=6147808&CJSID=1mm15mkqtlk28&CJURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cafepress.com%2Fshoptcs%2F10476513&PID=6673042&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=none&utm_term=2470763&utm_content=10463747[/URL

[URL]http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs

Thank you very much.

l don't know anything about their international shipping, but l'm sure it's detailed on the site. And there is a tab at the very top right of the checkout page that gives the price in different world currencies.
[/URL]

[URL]http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs/10476513?CJAID=10463747&CJPID=6147808&CJSID=1mm15mkqtlk28&CJURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cafepress.com%2Fshoptcs%2F10476513&PID=6673042&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=none&utm_term=2470763&utm_content=10463747

l don't know anything about their international shipping, but l'm sure it's detailed on the site. And there is a tab at the very top right of the checkout page that gives the price in different worl

http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs/10...gn=none&utm_term=2470763&utm_content=10463747

Thank you very much. I will pay in Sterling. Although I'm not in England that's the foreign currency I'm most familiar with.
They post to the 'whole world'.
Is the tote bag quite big?
My word. What lovely Christmas pressies you send each other.

[/url]

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So our list so far of recieved pacakges!  This list should be longer very soon!  Christmas is only a week away!!

nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya -   ??
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula

StarryEyedTiGeR - ??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I accidental joined the Dark Side! Part of my SS gift came in the mail last night, and I thought it was something else I had ordered online, so I opened it. (It was a little pack of batteries my SS ordered separate from the gift that was mailed.)

Does this make me a Dark Sider now lol? No worries, when the rest arrives, I will be firmly on the Light Side!
Oh dear; I'm sorry, but that does make you a dark sider.  You better just come on over now. 
  Aren't you at all curious what could require BATTERIES!?!  I suppose we could start guessing.  Hmmm...  What kind/size were they?  Oooo!  Maybe it's one of those light up sweaters like Kimmie Gibbler wore on Full House!  That would make for a fantastic ugly sweater party.  You better open it just in case you get invited to one and that's what it is!