2013/14 How many cats do you have and how many is your limit

chasetheblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two, litter mates, and I wouldn't have even considered only getting one. I work a lot, though, and I live in a basement so they don't get to look out windows or anything. They play constantly, and even as young as they are they are not very needy with me because they have one another to play with and sleep with (they're not allowed in my bedroom at the moment). I've never had less than two cats growing up either, and even the ones who don't really play or snuggle each other seem to enjoy having some company. At his age I'm sure he would love a younger brother or sister to play with :)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three senior cats. Two are mine, that I rescued as small kittens. One used to belong to my sisters family. (It's been over two years though, and they never came back for him after they moved; not the most responsible pet owners. So, we have three.) I love my old kitties very much. They are around 16, 8, and 7 years old. When they eventually pass on though, I do not have plans to add anymore.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have had as many as three at the time. That was our limit. Now we are down to one, Mattie our calico. One is the limit as we aren't planning to get any more when she is gone. I hope at that time I can help the county rescue with fostering.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 7 indoor cats plus 2 dogs, my limit is fewer than I have, but I love my babies. I only had one for several years, then a little feral kitten climbed up into the bathroom wall of my apartment and screamed for 24 hours until we pulled her out. I had to bottle feed her, so I got attached to her. When she was 2 months old my dad died and I inherited his cat. I didn't really want another and my oldest hated him, but my dad loved his boy and no one else would take him so then there were 3. Then I got a puppy, I was looking at buying a house and wanted a dog too, so poof 3 cats and a dog. The next cat came from the shelter. I was looking online for a cat to sponsor and there she was, her picture said I'm meant to be your's. One adoption application later, 4 cats and a dog. The next kitten was brought in to the kennel where I work, teeny tiny, dehydrated, sick and injured. I said I would take him, nurse him back to health then give him back. The daughter treated him like a possession the one time they came in to check on him so when he was weaned I didn't call them. They never called either, 5 cats and a dog. The next dog came as a stray to the kennel. We kept her over a month, no one ever claimed her. My dog loved her and I now had a house and a fenced yard, 5 cats and 2 dogs. The next kitten came from the shelter. I saw him online and loved him. I put in the application and less than 4 hours later was approved, 6 cat and 2 dogs. It was this way for nearly 6 years until a tiny 10 day old kitten was brought in to the kennel. My coworker and I agreed to "co-parent" him so no one would get overly attached, one night with him and her hoarde of dogs and she never took him back. So now 8 months later I have 7 cats and 2 dogs. It's sometimes crazy, always expensive and a little messy, but they're my babies. They were meant to be mine and I was meant to be their's.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have 7 indoor cats plus 2 dogs, my limit is fewer than I have, but I love my babies. I only had one for several years, then a little feral kitten climbed up into the bathroom wall of my apartment and screamed for 24 hours until we pulled her out. I had to bottle feed her, so I got attached to her. When she was 2 months old my dad died and I inherited his cat. I didn't really want another and my oldest hated him, but my dad loved his boy and no one else would take him so then there were 3. Then I got a puppy, I was looking at buying a house and wanted a dog too, so poof 3 cats and a dog. The next cat came from the shelter. I was looking online for a cat to sponsor and there she was, her picture said I'm meant to be your's. One adoption application later, 4 cats and a dog. The next kitten was brought in to the kennel where I work, teeny tiny, dehydrated, sick and injured. I said I would take him, nurse him back to health then give him back. The daughter treated him like a possession the one time they came in to check on him so when he was weaned I didn't call them. They never called either, 5 cats and a dog. The next dog came as a stray to the kennel. We kept her over a month, no one ever claimed her. My dog loved her and I now had a house and a fenced yard, 5 cats and 2 dogs. The next kitten came from the shelter. I saw him online and loved him. I put in the application and less than 4 hours later was approved, 6 cat and 2 dogs. It was this way for nearly 6 years until a tiny 10 day old kitten was brought in to the kennel. My coworker and I agreed to "co-parent" him so no one would get overly attached, one night with him and her hoarde of dogs and she never took him back. So now 8 months later I have 7 cats and 2 dogs. It's sometimes crazy, always expensive and a little messy, but they're my babies. They were meant to be mine and I was meant to be their's.
You are awesome!
 What wonderful stories and you wrote it so well. That's too cute and too true... crazy, expensive and messy. About sums it all up.