20 year old dog?? What are these people thinking???

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Craigslist in my city is FULL of ads by people who 'can't take a pet with them' when they move and put little Fluffy/Woofy/Felix/Lassie up for a 'good home'--sometimes 'free to good home.'

There are apartments that take pets; there are foster homes who will take the pet til you get settled; and it just takes a little more effort to move yourself with the pet.

Our Craigslist had an ad for an 18 year old dog that its 'owners' put up for 'adoption' when they moved house. I recommended that the dog be put down and I was called the heartless one!

I also posted a note on Craigslist about the irresponsibility of these people and it was taken down. I don't like Craigslist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get taken down for discussion posts quite often. One time I was mad because someone posted a scam to adopt a purebred Chihuahua with a $200 donation to an orphange in Malaysia or something like that. Well a couple days later was the same post but for French Bulldogs or something. There were 2 posts from others warning about this scam for the French Bulldogs, but I posted that the Chihuahua one was a scam too and MY post and mine only was flagged, not even the actual scam post was removed until 4 days later. Go figure. I know you aren't allowed to post discussions, but when it is a clear warning about another post currently active then why the heck not? I admit I have flagged people who post something like "purebred ____ free to good home, not speutered yet, will make good breeder!"