20 y/o Turkish Angora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrysch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mueme is 20. I know she is ill, but wife wants her to die a natural death. I do not want her in pain. A sac which seemed to have puss in the stomach area has turned into a small nodule, and very tender. Her chest not has a 2 inch long hard spot sticking out, also very tender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello
Do you have a vet who has seen her in the past, or a veterinarian who could come to your house?

As you may be aware, this isn't going to be the type of death that is a peaceful ending. Your sweet baby needs help. Anything you can do to convince your wife not to wait would be good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Garrysch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. Your information is kinda what I have felt. Will check with the vet tomorrow.. More to follow

Garrysch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will always accept prayers. Have for 45+ years. Talking with wife tonight was not easy, but as usual, this is not our only issue. I am certain God will give me a peace in the morning.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is so challenging when we have the responsibility of their health and welfare, and not everyone is on the "same page".

Garrysch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well said. Thank you. I want to put her down. Vet's nurse suggests it. But Mamma does not wan to. Need to keep asking the Lord.

Garrysch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mueme is gone now. Her back legs started giving out, and she was making weird moves with her head. She is at peace now, but the wife is angry that I pulled the trigger and put her down. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Mueme is gone now. Her back legs started giving out, and she was making weird moves with her head. She is at peace now, but the wife is angry that I pulled the trigger and put her down. Hardest thing I ever had to do.
Please take comfort in knowing you did what was best for Mueme and she is at peace now. :angel: My heartfelt sympathies go out to your wife and you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Mueme. You did the bravest and hardest thing to do for her, and it was the right thing. I do not believe that extremely ill cats pass on in peace, even though your wife wanted that to happen. You intervened on behalf of your beloved cat and I hope that your wife will understand that over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.