2 weeks old cat, - kinda emergency :(

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for your advice and .. more stories about declawing.
I'm feeding him KMR - never knew I can give him pedialyte. thanks :)
the poop is a big more solid than before and he's well rested. - I try to get some sleep whenever possible.
It is incredibly hard to take care of a baby. (Thanks mom, and dad!)

here's another picture of him.

good day everybody :)
Sorry for getting off topic:). I get pretty preachy about declawing. Volunteering at a shelter will do that you:p. We see so many bad cases where someone surrenders a cat because of behavioral issues that could have been avoided by not declawing and they are the reason the owner surrenders them. Those cats take much longer to be adopted out unfortunately.

Back on topic. You are doing such a great job with him! He looks nice and bright-eyed! Are you planning on keeping him or finding him a new home when he's ready? ;)bottle babies are difficult to part with

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
guess I am really lucky my little one even survived. I fed him just like a  a baby. on his back, bottle in mouth, and when he was 3 weeks old I laid him on a pillow like a baby and he held bottle with his claws and paws just like a child and would suck the bottle dry, until it collapsed in on itself.Now the little beggar is 7 years old 25 pound lies upside down a lot LOVES to be held that way, and I will cuddle him in a blanky and he will sleep in my arms like a toddler. I hold him like a rag doll upside down and he loves it guess he knows mommy would never drop him.

I also raised 3 tiny baby rabbits, I did call wildlife rescue and all 3 survived so I must not be too bad a foster.. (lol)

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
your new baby is adorable. please don't even consider declawing!! it is cruel and inhumane and some states are making it illegal and many vets will refuse to do it. they don't just remove the claws, they amputate part of their toes. it would be like getting all your fingers cut off to the first knuckle. hopefully one day ALL vets will refuse to do it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katherinep1225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thankfully, there's no more blood in his stool. 

He is running around the house all day long.

Run, Sleep, Eat hehe

he is so adorable.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute kitten!

You're going to hear this a lot.  Don't use your hand and fingers to play with the kitten.  She will need toys, even crumpled up paper to bat around.  When she begins teething she will need things to bite and chew on and you don't want that to be your fingers.  It's cute when they are small but big teeth hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katherinep1225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for your advice and cheering everyone :)

It's been a week and the baby is alright.

I couldn't get a decent sleep since the rescue, so I think I have to take a break for myself and him now.

I'll be back next week with more photos and news. thanks :)

Last edited:

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cute as a button,.the couple who had mine first gave her a wad of paper and she will carry it room to room at my house, she likes to roll balls around and for interactive she will jump nearly 4 feet high to catch a cloth fish