2 small kittens need help don't know if they can eat food yet

tazz6989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes I have found 2 kittens after finding a dead momma cat on the side of the road and I don't know how old they are eyes are open ears up walking and trying to climb a Lil and what sounds like a Lil hiss they have there front teeth but not the k9s

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there and welcome to tcs!!

It does sound like they will be able to eat, but don't know how, it's likely that mom wasn't a fed feral so she couldn't show them about eating from a dish.

So this will be up to you.

You can start with chicken baby food, mix with water 50/50 and put it in the microwave to warm.

Shallow dish, put them up to it and if they don't start eating it but act hungry, gently push their chins in the food, they will lick it off and soon enough get the idea.

Once they do, feed them canned pate type food, and unless they are drinking water on their own, mix with water so they stay hydrated.

They should be fine.

If they just won't eat after several attempts, let us know and we will explain what to do using a syringe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tazz6989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ty very much I'll give that a shot I've ways had cato just not this Lil lol like I have a white female but is fixed and my kids have done named this 2 the Lil tuxedo one is sweetie and the orange one is samba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tazz6989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friends momma cat took them in and feeding them :]