2 pregnant Sisters

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My MIL refused to keep her males separated from her 2 female cats and now they are both pregnant. I just started to feel and see the babies move so I know the time is coming. Can we put them in the same room to birth and nurse together? One of the cats is timid and won’t do well without the other. I’ve talked to my MIL and she will not terminate them, so please don’t bash me. And the boys have been fixed. Just 2 weeks too late 😞

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be alright if they are close. My brother took in two female strays year's ago. Pregnant by the time he got them inside, they would lay in bed with there paws touching kitten's in between them they let all of them suckle and cared for them together. It was the most adorable thing to see.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should do fine together. Make a big double-sized nest for them. A child's kiddie wading pool lined with blankets often works well. We’ve had several sister cats co-parent together quite successfully on this forum. Keep us posted! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As said, usually it becomes good, they may even coparent. The problem to watch out for, is, one of them takes over, and kidnaps kittens from the other more submissive...
We’ve had a lot of pink brown stringy mucous today and now leaking the pink brown stuff. I’m thinking tonight is the night? I’ll try to add a picture

Attachments