2 Pregnant Foster Mommas

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have taken in 2 pregnant fosters. Initially it was one queen than a week later it became obvious the other girl was pregnant as well. The one that is further along I can easily feel and see her babies moving. The other is just swelling. Cant feel movement yet. I have them seperated even though they are absolute darlings together. Any advice for me moving forward? Ive only had one other pregnant foster. Her and her kids are all successfully homed(yes momma got fixed).

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed them kitten food. Both kibble and wet, if you can. You might give them a saucer or two of Kittens Milk Replacement every day. That will need the extra calories and protein for the growing kittens and for their own recovery from malnourishment while living on their own.

Thank you for rescuing the girls! Please keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been giving them both kitten food and ordered some goats milk as well from my landlord/vet. They were part of a colony on a property about 45 minutes away. Approximately 16 of them managed to get into the property owners basement during winter(Wisconsin and we had a polar vortex this year). One is all black I named her Narcissa the other is a Tortie named Tonks. I'll upload a pic shortly

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For now yes otherwise they hide. Last time I let them free roam it took me 2 days to find the one.

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think these ladies are messing with me. The tortie who is less far along is acting like she is going into labor and the all black girl who looks like she is ready to pop, is acting like she has all the time in the world. -_-

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No babies yet. I can now feel active baby movement in the Tortie which I couldnt before. So black momma is going to pop and about 2 weeks or so after tortie.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are really lucky they will co parent each other’s kittens. I look forward to hearing how their story turns out.

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took it twice thats all, nothing excessive. Tired but she has been that way for the last couple of days. Restless also keeps laying down, getting up and repeating the process. She wasnt using the box I provided at all until about 30 minutes or so ago.

Jrossfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 pocket panthers so far!