2 new additions to my cat family

allissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Patty, I am so tempted - but I don't know how Jasper would take to a mature cat.
Persians are very docile and quiet cats- I got two myself, and they hardly ever meow. They don't like to climb and don't destroy anything-at least mine aren't. They are very well behaved cats. Mine two get along very well, play together and groom each other.

allissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

It was pure luck that I found them.
My daughter has a fairly new job and someone she works with knows the girl I got the cats from.
When Jenny heard the word "persian" she immediately thought of me.
I did not know what I was going to do, hubby has already told me firmly, NO more cats.
I did not tell him.

I waited till he got home from work last night and he noticed the bedroom door was closed with a light on and asked what was going on in there.
He actually took it better than I expected. I told him he was a softy too, he couldn't have let them go to the Humane Society.
This silly girl who had them was going to drop them at the Humane Society since they hadn't found anyone to take them and they were emptying the house they were moving from.
Poor little Smokey still won't come out, but it has only been one day.
He should come out of it. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Those two are real lookers, hopefully you should be able to find homes for them, if you decide you can't keep them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

They are so beautiful! I'm confused - might you not be able to keep them because your husband said no?
No, I may not keep them because I have a total of 8 cats now, and we live in a pretty small house. 5 of the 8 are long haired.
My husband doesn't seem to mind them at all now.
He likes Harley quite a bit and Smokey still only shows his face rarely.
Smokey wants no part of the whole situation.
I think all the other cats scare him, unintentionally mostly.
I turned the washer on earlier and he shot out from somewhere he was hiding nearby. It was just a flash of black fur.

I am considering finding him a loving home where he is no intimidated by so many others. I hate for him to be so unhappy!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope you can... but if he's used to Harley being around, he might do better staying with him... try to home them as a pair. i think Pixel would be lost without her 'mama' Mouse!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both just beautiful. Thanks so much for giving these babies a new mommy.
You are lucky to have these great guys in your life. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i hope you can... but if he's used to Harley being around, he might do better staying with him... try to home them as a pair. i think Pixel would be lost without her 'mama' Mouse!
They don't seem to be very close, as being from the same household.
She said Harley was kind of an independent cat, and it shows.
I don't want to part with Smokey, but if he would be happier, I would rather do it now, before I get anymore attached and he has time to adapt. It would be easier to do it now, for both of us.
But then, there is the factor that he may just need more time.
But KoKo and Molly still run and hide all the time too, and if he was in a single cat home or maybe 1-2 other cats he may not be so scared all the time. I think KoKo picked that (the run & hide) up from Molly. He was kept in a cage for most of his life until I got him, but he was still very young. He kinda followed her lead.
Lily has even been hissing at him, her and her little "ferocious" hiss. LOL!
Only time will tell, I am in no hurry to place him and if he likes it here he is more than welcome to have a forever home.

**Turns out it is Harley and Smokey fighting.....
not sure what to do, it's late, I will think tomorrow.