2 Month Old Kitten Suddenly Not Eating. Sleeps Alot.

Catsluv16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had 4 kittens 2 months ago. My calico kittens has been eating very well, but just recently she has stopped eating. She will only eat a very little bit. Her one male littermate had a similar problem but that has seemed to have resolved itself because now he is eating like he was before. The calico acts like she wants to eat but dosent. Have tried to give her formula but she resists. She does try to nurse from mumma but not sure if mumma is producing milk even though i suspect she is pregnant again. Caluco was playing with littermates but now just wants to sleep alot. Can anyone help ..thanks.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ You cannot always depend on Mama cat to take care of her kittens. When kitty fails to thrive the mother often rejects them and they will die. Sadly this happens often in stray yards cats that do not have someone like you to keep a close eye on them.
Best of luck to you and kitty ...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the others. This is a vet errand. Even if the bro becoming healthy again gives hopes, the vet is your way here.

I wanted to comment on the mom. Being preg again so soon is really not healthy for her. Takes heavy toll on her body.
If you wish, a spaying NOW is still fully possible and medically not very complicated.

If you decide to have this another litter, be sure she gets really good food, kitten-type, and lotsa of extra calcium. Goats milk, full fat youghurt, cheese, egg shells crushed into a fine powder and sprinkled over her food alike salt.