TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
more antibiotics and she has lost weight , both back next wednesday 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you're making progress!!  Hooray!  Celebrate the little things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes it seems there is progress but she has lost weight but i guess now they are eating again that will change :)

the picture in my avatar was taken today she looks poorly and yet she eats and takes her medication, Wellington looks healthier and yet he has only just started to eat and getting medication down is difficult i forced one tablet down today by rubbing his throat after popping the pill to the back of this throat and then the half which i thought had gone down , but ended up on the floor so i hid it in his food which he hasent touched yet :(

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well i put two bowls of food for them , Wellington turned his nose up at his , Tinker tucked into hers and then Wellington walked over and joined in , its the same food in both bowls, so i quickly filled the bowl up again to make sure they both got enough to eat and seeing them eat makes me a happy mummy to 2littlerascals :)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes, one kitty will wait for the more dominant kitty to start eating before they come to the table, so to speak.  Continue keeping an eye on them and make sure that they both eat.  They'll gain weight once they're over the hump.

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes i think you may be right there steph, although Tinker is half his size if she is the dominant one, mind you she is female and bosses him about so yeah that could be it .

They have both eaten a full bowl each this morning and i think Wellington ate all the pill . I am going to phone the vet today he only has two pills left the rest got wasted when he wasn't eating and he is supposed to have one and a half a day i am just happy they are both eating properly again and Wellington is more or less back to his old self he is sat on the window sill looking out at the street :)

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My boyfriend pills our cats using the first technique - but no towel, I hold her behind. Of course no cat is that well behaved as the one in the video, but two out of three times they swallow from the first attempt. I prefer pilling the cat rather than hiding the pill in the food because that way I know for sure who has taken what. And I have a cat that would not touch any food if it has been contaminated in any way by foreign stuff that is not supposed to be in the food.

Edit: Are they both 18 weeks? They are beauties!

Last edited:

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My boyfriend pills our cats using the first technique - but no towel, I hold her behind. Of course no cat is that well behaved as the one in the video, but two out of three times they swallow from the first attempt. I prefer pilling the cat rather than hiding the pill in the food because that way I know for sure who has taken what. And I have a cat that would not touch any food if it has been contaminated in any way by foreign stuff that is not supposed to be in the food.

Edit: Are they both 18 weeks? They are beauties!
hi, thank you for the video and the advice, yes both 18 weeks same mother lol, Tinker is so dainty but definitely the boss and thank you :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Not put in  food as always like to know who's had what, plus I had 2 cats before and usually one mediated at a time. And they ALWAYS smelled it and never ate the food when I did try.

I've never had success with towels or anything but used a sit-on technique for a cat I had that was really strong and struggled a lot, and always try to keep it as calm as possible.  Little kittens are more wriggly and move faster, I'd try to keep it as unrestrained and calm as you can to minimize bad associations.

Apart from the little struggler above my other cats have been really good and always administer with cat sitting on a good height surface - then I use a plastic bite proof teaspoon to place the tablet or powder safely on the back of the tongue (saves fingers!!!). If it looks like it tastes horrid I sometimes use my finger to wipe a little nice tasting gravy - or in Moue's case toothpaste- on their lips so they get that taste as they try to get rid of the tablet taste.  Strokes and treats afterwards of course (assuming they haven't bolted to another room)!

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the vet with Tinker , she is better no more medication , but the vet suggested sitting in a steam bathroom with her as her nose is a little stuffed up but no infection and he said the virus has cleared up Yay !! one more kitty to go but he is still on medication for another 12 days but they are both playing and play fighting and eating really well , both have put on weight so I am very happy with their progress :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update.  

for Tinker 
  Hope she likes her hot steam sessions if they help her feel better. 
   Poor little Wellington though,  at least it sounds like he's feeling a bit better and getting some     kitten energy back so they can play. Hopefully your home will soon be taken over by crazy kitten havoc, debris and clumps of fur everywhere and purring furbabies snuggled up on your lap exhausted from play. 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great update!  I always call the steaming in the bathroom a kitty spa treatment!   Hope it helps clear up the last little bit of congestion.  Sounds like they're both well on the road to recovery.

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the update.  

for Tinker 
  Hope she likes her hot steam sessions if they help her feel better. 
   Poor little Wellington though,  at least it sounds like he's feeling a bit better and getting some     kitten energy back so they can play. Hopefully your home will soon be taken over by crazy kitten havoc, debris and clumps of fur everywhere and purring furbabies snuggled up on your lap exhausted from play. 
yes they are both playing and it is now mad in this house but that's how I like it :)

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Great update!  I always call the steaming in the bathroom a kitty spa treatment!   Hope it helps clear up the last little bit of congestion.  Sounds like they're both well on the road to recovery.
I took them both in last night I think it really helped , Wellington isn't wheezing now so that's a good sign, although the vet said the wheezing noise is from his nose and will soon clear up :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
When they're both all better I'm looking forward to seeing a before and after photo coz they both look so poorly and tired in the one earlier in this thread, esp little Tinker.  Glad you're enjoying your mad house:)

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

When they're both all better I'm looking forward to seeing a before and after photo coz they both look so poorly and tired in the one earlier in this thread, esp little Tinker.  Glad you're enjoying your mad house:)
i have taken some pics of them looking well  but i need to put them onto my laptop late so will post some up , they are looking well now bless them :)