2 Litters Born A Week Apart By Same Mom

shazzgal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it at all possible that a cat will have 2 litters say a week apart and the first one not be prem. I had 2 new mums give birth 7 days ago. 1 has gone back to her pre baby appearance and the other looks a little thinner than she did when pregnant but it looks like there is still a baby or 2 in there. She had 3 healthy strong babies last week. Vets are not easy to get to where I am and they cost more than 2 days wages to see. She is eating and sleeping with no problems at all

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes its possible. She perhaps mated in the beginning of the heat and again in the end.
Sometimes the first conceived is born premature, but often mother nature counterbalances this and they are simply born days apart.
May look bad for owner - labor stopped but there are more - but if momma is ok no visible problems its isually ok to wait it out - it may be such a case we discuss.
Is it at all possible that a cat will have 2 litters say a week apart and the first one not be prem. I had 2 new mums give birth 7 days ago. 1 has gone back to her pre baby appearance and the other looks a little thinner than she did when pregnant but it looks like there is still a baby or 2 in there. She had 3 healthy strong babies last week. Vets are not easy to get to where I am and they cost more than 2 days wages to see. She is eating and sleeping with no problems at all