2/3/4? Week old kitten found, suddenly not eating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theperiodicfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's showing an interest in solid food really young, should I allow that? He won't take the formula anymore. Is it a bad sign that he's trying to eat wet food this early?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a problem, especially since you don't know how old he is. Make sure it's kitten-sized bites.

Did you rescue your nursing mama too?

theperiodicfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Depends on what you mean by rescue. She grew up with her feral mom and siblings, one of whom died before we could take them, and when they were of an appropriate age we took them , because we had a young cat we had rescued and wanted her to get used to other cats and maybe play nicer (didn't work) Had we left them there they would have been target practice for my relatives, they try to keep the feral cat population down that way sadly. Her brother and her are a delight to be around though, he's the father (unfortunately, accidental inbreeding) and also the only male cat so he's also the one suddenly being a jerk to the kittens.

theperiodicfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update?: After moving all the kittens into my room they ALL seem to like it more in here. My older female cat and the male cat in the household don't dare come past the doorway, I think they know she wanted them in here so I would protect her.
It's eating well now! Excuse my filthy floor. I would weigh him again but he's always nursing [emoji]9786[/emoji]️ !

zoeyandme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Depends on what you mean by rescue. She grew up with her feral mom and siblings, one of whom died before we could take them, and when they were of an appropriate age we took them , because we had a young cat we had rescued and wanted her to get used to other cats and maybe play nicer (didn't work) Had we left them there they would have been target practice for my relatives, they try to keep the feral cat population down that way sadly. Her brother and her are a delight to be around though, he's the father (unfortunately, accidental inbreeding) and also the only male cat so he's also the one suddenly being a jerk to the kittens.
This is so sweet! My Mom's cat "Katnis" was found in a box on the front steps of a neighbor's church. She was about two weeks. We bottle fed her and got her to the vet immediately. It was hard work but very much worth it. She is two now and huge lol! We named her Katnis from the hunger games because she's a survivor [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad you solved the "problem"! They all look very happy and relaxed. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sweet! My Mom's cat "Katnis" was found in a box on the front steps of a neighbor's church. She was about two weeks. We bottle fed her and got her to the vet immediately. It was hard work but very much worth it. She is two now and huge lol! We named her Katnis from the hunger games because she's a survivor [emoji]128521[/emoji]
They look much happier in their new space. Glad you were able to rescue all of them. Do you plan to get mom spayed? And was the dad recently neutered? That might explain some of the agression.

theperiodicfam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dad was recently neutered yes, I think the day before yesterday. We do plan on spaying mama, her litter was a complete accident. I do have a random question: when they were in the room previous to moving them in here, two of them took to licking the drywall, the runt of her litter and Hydrogen specifically. From what I've read it is probably to do with being anemic? We do have a flea problem we're trying consistently to take care of.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks so much like a snowshoe! I'm not too sure how rare it is for a wild stray to have snowed feet and tips. Perhaps he was part of a breeding programme that somehow ended up not going to plan? Who knoes. I'm really curious as to who had him before you took him in.

He's adorable none-the-less! He looks very chubby and healthy :-)