2/1/2 Month Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat lady 5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Look I was giving her a half a can and she started having diarrhea. The adoption agency and her foster mom were giving her a tablespoon plus she wasn't finishing the half a can. She was wormed earlier last month will get another dosage this month which someone told me her stools will improve after the 2nd dosage. I am following the foster mom's, the rescue place, and my vets advice to keep it small and gradually increase it

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of food are you feeding?  Brand and flavor.  You may need to change food if there is an allergy involved.

Cute video BTW.

cat lady 5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well her kitten dry is Purina and to make sure she doesn't get bored with one flavor she gets Purina Fancy Feast kitten turkey, purina pro plan chicken and liver, blue wilderness salmon, nitro minced salmon and purina pro plan salmon and ocean fish. She doesn't have diarrhea or isn't lethargic. She only had one deworming last month she gets another deworming and shots this month. Ty she is very talkative. She will probably need another deworming before the rescue place does it. This is her last week of a tablespoon next week she will be getting a tablespoon and a half

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, so what I think is happening is you keep switching the wet food brands.  This is fine with older cats but you may want to stick with one brand of wet food until the kitten is used to it digestion-wise.  You can give the Fancy Feast and the different flavors of kitten food so the kitten doesn't get bored.  The good news is that you have a reason for the soft stools.  BTW soft is better than hard and constipated.

cat lady 5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I started to feed her to 2 tbsp of her canned food but she isn't finishing it. I was wondering what amount I should lower her down to I have tried half a can, 1/3 and 1/4 she leaves food on her plate

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I started to feed her to 2 tbsp of her canned food but she isn't finishing it. I was wondering what amount I should lower her down to I have tried half a can, 1/3 and 1/4 she leaves food on her plate
how old is she, how big is she?  Is she eating anything else  aside of this canned food which she isnt that fond in?

How often are you giving her?   What she eats at this moment sound very little.

Had you tried with some other brand / type of canned food?

cat lady 5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 4 months old, she weighs 4lbs, yes dry kitten food, 4x a day, she is isn't very big. Yes I have and her stomach couldn't handle it I was told till her GI tract gets stronger stick with one brand. I feed Purina fancy feast kitten turkey and ocean whitefish