1st Day of Spring!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no - I just realized that spring allergies are on the way and I can't take anything for them while breastfeeding! Misery!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
East Tn is 34 degrees with rain,sleet,and giant snowflakes! Enough slush on the car to make a great slushy drink! Very pretty with the flowers and the fruit trees blooming!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's barely 40 degrees and we won't see anything higher until maybe this weekend. The only thing that says it's spring is all our daffodils in bloom. Otherwise it is cold and icky and my shoulder is aching and the house is cold (old house). It's supposed to snow north of me and we've had a rain/sleet mix this morning. On the good side, I did get to meet and have lunch with Eileen/Eilcon on her way home to Cincy!

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
According to the weather channel it is 41 degrees here (but feels like 33). Doesn't feel like Spring to me!! Also says it's supposed to snow tomorrow night.
I hope not because we are going to a concert in NYC.

I can't wait until it's really spring!!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

East Tn is 34 degrees with rain,sleet,and giant snowflakes! Enough slush on the car to make a great slushy drink! Very pretty with the flowers and the fruit trees blooming!
Put the reins on it and keep it there!! I don't want any snow over here!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no! It's blustery and cold! The kind that chills all the way into your bones and you have to drink 8 gallons of hot liquid and wear tons of layers to take the chill out! Brrrr!!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually now that I've bragged how nice it is...we just found out its sleeting an hours west of here adn heading out way. So much for good weather

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Well, don't get too jealous. Summer will soon be beating down on us with hot humid temperatures, likely followed by several hurricanes.
(feel better?)
No - I can handle the 100 degree humid hot weather Sooooooo much better than this awful cold. I'm still jealous!
Although - hurricanes?? -

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I would much rather have the snow and cold rather than hurricanes!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great...just listening to the local news and they're calling for snow. Hopefully, I'm far enough south it won't touch me. It usually hits in Asheville, but doesn't make it this far.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

i always thought the 1st day of spring was the 21st??
You know Gail, I heard "It's the first day of Spring!" on the radio, and said "It's tomorrow dummy! I always thought it was too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

You know Gail, I heard "It's the first day of Spring!" on the radio, and said "It's tomorrow dummy! I always thought it was too!
I talked to my Grandma tonight and she said that its the 20th his year cuz of something, but I don't remember why
, she said it was on the news that it only lands on the 20th every hundred years or something like that? Maybe I'm wrong but I swear thats what she said!

I was confused @ first too - I always remember it being on the 21st too!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today did not feel like spring temperature-wise, but otherwise, YES!!! It was sunny out, blue sky, partly-cloudy, and the birds were chirping like crazy, for the first time since last spring, like they knew it was supposed to be the 1st day of spring today!

But yeah, it was pretty cold - in the 20's, and felt much colder with 20mph winds. It was still kinda nice though! And to think a week ago it was in the 60's here....
This weather is confusing the birds!!!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the upper 30's here today and going down into the 20's tonight. Still feels like winter!