17 year old cat in Iowa finds a home

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you are going through what has to be an extremely painful experience for you. You will be in my thoughts

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy, I'm so glad that you found new homes for Beau and Felicia. I know that you would rather they could stay with you, but you have done the best you could in a difficult situation by finding them loving homes.

Good luck Nancy and your beautiful kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Felicia is in her 2nd home since she left me last June. Her first owner wasn't able to care for her anymore. Now is lliving with a man in his early 20's. She is getting along fine.

She was taken to a vet for shots. They went to the same one I had used. All of her records were still there. All she needed was a boster Rabies.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

Felicia is in her 2nd home since she left me last June. Her first owner wasn't able to care for her anymore. Now is lliving with a man in his early 20's. She is getting along fine.

She was taken to a vet for shots. They went to the same one I had used. All of her records were still there. All she needed was a boster Rabies.
Oh Nancy, it is so wonderful that you have been able to keep in touch with the owners
It works out great that she is continuing to see the vet you brought her to as well. I hope the new owner works out well for Felicia and that she settles in nicely. It's very nice to hear from you, I hope all is going well

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so relieved that precious Felicia has been adopted by a better family than the previous man where she will now receive excellent care and abundant love. Thank you so much for updating us all, Nancy. There are people all over the world who love your precious little girl, as well as Beau, and have been praying for the three of you during this challenging time in your life.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's wonderful that her new owner is continuing with your old vet. That must make it a bit easier on Felicia.
I'm glad to hear that she is getting along well. This must be so hard for you right now, but you are such a good meowmy to make sure she is getting the care she deserves.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear that Felicia is doing well. I'm sure she misses you, but I think she can be very happy in her new home, too. You deserve a hug for working so hard to find a home for your precious baby!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy, I'm so glad to hear that Felicia is in a stable home. Although you will always be her Meowmy, it's wonderful that she's with someone who will care for her the way she should be cared for as the stately lady that she is.

to you Nancy, I know how difficult this must be for you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy, thanks for the update on Felicia. Her new home sounds great, and it's wonderful that she can stay with her same vet, who has known her for years. I can only imagine how tough this separation must be for you, but you continue to be a wonderful kitty mom, making sure she has a good home, even when you can't provide it yourself. Many
to you.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear that Felicia is in a stable home. Although you will always be her Meowmy, it's wonderful that she's with someone who will care for her the way she should be cared for as the stately lady that she is.
I totally agree with this. No matter where Felicia is you will always love her and she will always love you, but its wonderful that you have found a wonderful loving home for her where she will be treated in the respect that she so deserves. However hard this has been for you, you havent given up in finding her this perfect home.

we are all here for you at this time Nancy - thanks for checking in with us

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It must be so gratifying to hear that she is thriving in her new home! It's a great sign that he has already taken her to the vet, not to mention the same one you brought her to. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to make this decision, but it was incredibly brave of you to see them through to their new homes. You'll always be their meowmy, and I'm sure they'll never forget you. I'm sure they know that you did what was the right thing, even though it was the hard thing. That's the hallmark of a great meowmy...putting the babies' needs before your own. It must make your heart ease a little to hear that they're well and happy.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy...
Felicia's new home sounds like a more comfortable place for her.
Your bond with precious Felicia and Beau can never be broken.
Always remember that the power of love transcends all.
((((hugs))))

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful update on Felicia's new home!! Nancy, you are AWESOME
Perhaps you could send a PM to HelloEvo, who is trying to rehome his Bengal kitten Felix in this thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95731 and give him some tips

The saying goes, "Sometimes true love is letting go" - and in your case, it is! It sounds like Felicia has adjusted well, and I salute you for this great accomplishment
Felicia's new owner must be extremely grateful for your sacrifice - what an inspiring example you are

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy you must be so relieved to know that Felicia is in a stable home now so try and not worry about your little girl because i'm sure she'll be fine
Even better that her new guardian is taking Felicia to the same vets, because at least you now know that this person is a responsible cat owner where Felicias healths concerned

It's a pity her new guardian couldn't join TCS, then that way you could get updates as well as new pictures to see of Felicia