17 weeks old. munched on her litter few times.

bella f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella- 17 weeks old was caught eating some litter(that she just USED) like 3 times last wk(21st)after coming home from vet from getting rabies shot. and then did it again today twice so far. vet said she appeared healthy when she was there for shot. she eats and drinks normal. and acts normal. I've read possible anemia. =[ please help =[

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I should mention that I think her teeth are bothering her. her cat teeth are coming in. if this is possble what do I get her to chew on?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope you use non clumping clay. = harmless.

Clumping is more dangerous, but I suppose as mostly dangerous to small kittens just learning to crawl into the litter...  17 weeks and just a little should pass.

IF eating litter hints there is some deficiency?   I dont know, hope somebody knows.

Good luck!

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating litter can hint at a deficiency, but I can't remember what kind. Iron maybe?
I would immediately switch to non-clumping and non-clay until you get this sorted out.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as something to chew on, I offer my kitten drinking straws to chew on. The thick opaque ones work best. They are about $1 for 100 at Walmart.

You are lucky your kitty only eats litter, my kitten has PICA issues and tries to swallow all kinds of wierd things. The straws are something she enjoys chewing on once I've corrected her behavior. Just be sire to replace them often. You don't want your kitty eating plastic.