16 YO cat with chicken allergy, IBD, and CKD diet recommendations

squigglesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have 2 cats both ~16yo. One has full CKD, the other has a chicken allergy/IBD.
My CKD cat has been on wet prescription diets and I am considering homemade diets as her little body is getting quite bony even with a healthy appetite.

I have just moved to a very small rural town where specialty diets for my IBD girl are impossible to purchase. I have started feeding her the non-chicken prescription diets that my CKD girl has been eating, due to her age and potential for also having kidney issues. This diet as also caused this girl to start losing muscle mass.

I was wondering if there were recommendations from people with similar cats (chicken allergy/IBD and CKD) for either orderable specialty diets without chicken, or for homemade diets that can accommodate both cats?
If there are homemade recommendations, I am wondering if you could also include sources for all the vital ingredients that would go into the homemade diets as well as recipes?

I have looked through some of the forums but the postings are a bit dated and was hoping there may be some updated info and sources.
Thank you so much.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am unfamiliar with ckd but for my 7pd cat that has a throw up problem I make sure her food is high in fat. The catfooddb.com has helped me. My cat has a sensitive tummy so I feed her rawz

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any limited ingredient novel protein diet will work for the IBD cat. Many can be bought online.

For the CKD cat, have you looked at this web site? Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat There might be something there that is non-chicken that would be ok if the IBD cat decides to eat it.

For home cooked diets, there is a separate forum here on TCs where you can ask for recommendations on recipes, pre-mixes, etc. Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food