15 yr old Siamese woke up with a limp …

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’d love thoughts on whether we should give our limping 15 yr old Siamese a day or two before booking an urgent care vet appointment.

Yesterday at bedtime he was playing and moving normally. This morning one back leg seems to be quite uncomfortable. He is still weight bearing but gingerly, eating and barhrooming as per usual.

Six months ago he had some extensive health issues (infection after oral surgery) and had a VERY comprehensive going over and there were no flags for arthritis or anything at the time….

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update - full set of X-rays shows arthritis in his back hips and spondylosis at the base of his tail.
somewhat surprisingly the vet feels this incident of pain is actually from a tweak in his mid-back where everything looks healthy and great on the scans.
So we’re doing a round of Metacam and limiting activity for a week. Then we start long term management of the arthritis with a daily supplement and *possibly* a monthly injection of Solensia. (I still need to do the research before I agree to that)

thanks for the advice - it was def the right call :)